• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't see files in Windows Explorer but I can access them?! WTF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX6X

wtf is going on. I booted up my computer and opened my music folder on my D hard drive. I was only able to see music from artists with names starting with A and B. But when I go into winamp, I can play any of the music I have. Yet I can't physically see them. If I type in a path like D:\my music\Seether for instance, I will go to the folder. But if I open up my D drive, then the my music folder, there is no Seether folder!! WTF?! I can even play music in winamp I just can't see the folder through Windows Explorer. WTF IS GOING ON!

First thing I'd do is make sure the files didn't become hidden for some reason. On your D: drive window, go to "Tools -> Folder Options". Go to the "View" tab, and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected. You may want to uncked "Hide protected operating system files" too just in case. Hopefully they'll show up then, and you can unhide them.

JigPu

I checked that too. I have all files shown. I don't get this at all.

Back