• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 6800 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimBlake84

I just bought today the new GeForce 6800 OC. While it is a much improved card over my Radeon 9200 pro, I just have a question. I have a Sony LCD monitor that uses a VGA connector. This card has both a DVI connection and a VGA connection. When I first installed the card, I used the included DVI to VGA adapter and my PC ran extremely wierd (ie. Wouldn't recognize my wireless LAN card and kept saying it was buisy installing hardware, etc.) I have it hooked up to the VGA now and it works fine. My system however, ran MUCH faster when it was connected via DVI. Can anyone help me with this? Do I need to update my BIOS? Newer driver? Etc? Thanks.

connecting it to a different connector should never cause any difference in performance. If your monitor supprots it use the DVI, but if not use VGA (Not with the DVI-VGA adapter, thats basically only for dual monitors)

Back