• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a gf ultra and having some probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tan

Asus V9999ULTRA Deluxe

Just got one of the above and replaced my old GF TI4600 with it, My pc specs are AMD XP2500 barton @ 2010 mhz, 512 mb samsung ddr 3200 ram, Abit at7-max2 mobo and a SB audigy sound card.

The problem i have is since i installed teh new card, ie just replaced old one and added drivers nv 61.xx (lastests ones)

The computer will freeze (just stop so reboot is reqired, no bsd or crashing just a freeze of what ever was on teh screen at the time ) when i run a bench mark or when i play a MP online game.

Is there any obvisous reasons before i do a reformat and some good old tweaking.

Last edited:
might want to try checking your rails, what psu do you have? make sure your cpu is stable, is it OCed? i had that problem when i got my GT, somehow my cpu OC got unstable from installing the card. are your 2d adn 3d settings the same speed, if not try it. try disabling fastwrites. did you use driver cleaner 3? try upping the agp voltage to 1.6V. check your temps. and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Thxs for the help, ill definatly check a few things, my psu is a 450 watt true which should be enough really.

Ill post back me progress and me bench marks scores , and thxs for the welcome

Reformat and updated me bios. Yes my cpu is overclocked from a 2500 barton to a 2800.

Still have same prob tho in running 3d marks 2003 , on some of the tests it hangs and my final score was 8800 odd not sure if this is good with my current rig.

Gonna test tonight with bf1942 online to see if i still drop frame rate and freeze. I also tried disabling fast write and and have used earlier dets + the asus drivers and still have same prob.

Bit disapointed after spending £400 on a card that is suppose to own all, but maybe im over looking something.

I had an Asus card and would not buy one again. I had an X800 XT PE that was absolute crap. I think ASUS needs to stick to motherboards.

Still the same problem the card freezes for up to 10-20 secs when running 3d marks 2003 but still always completes the test, if there any reasons for this ? since my gf4 ti4600 run this bench mark fine, tho a lower score.

Mine did that and it was a matter of finding the best drivers for my rig. Go to Guru3d and try some different sets of drivers to see what works best. I'm on my third or forth set and still trying others.

Back