Registered

noooo wrong bios

so i am trying to flash my bios right? and i do? only i thought i had a nfs7 when i really have version 2.0!!! and so it says 'cool good job now you gotta restart' with the flashing utility they use and im like okay great i win. i restart and it wont post! obviously this is my stupidity -- i didnt check revision good enough. but is there any way to fix this? i tried to dump the CMOS with ATX cable, power supply and battery all disconnected. am i screwed? any help appreciated.

PS- i dont get the supposedly ubiquitous "beep" when the board startts up atall!

Registered
    also, it looksas if the mobo is working properly technically. the fans all start up and the proper lights go on and stuff. cry. input much appreciated.

can you see anything on your monitor? unless you can flash your bios to a correct version, you might have to contact abit and get a new bios chip.
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0 with Xigmatek HDT-S1283
    4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL DDR2-1000
    EVGA GTX285
    Corsair HX620W
    500GB 7200rpm Samsung SATAII hard drive
    1TB 7200rpm Western Digital Caviar Black SATAII hard drive
    HP N40L NAS with 8GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333 and 4x2TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-Z1 with FreeNAS

Hot flash the chip in another NF2 mobo and this time make sure you have the right bios.

You do know you could have reflashed it b4 you restarted...
    UMPC:
    Asus EEE 701(4G)
    Laptops:
    Lenovo T60p
    Servers:
    IBM XServ
    Heatware

Registered
    i didnt know something was wrong until the computer wouldnt post. and no, it doesnt post to the monitor :-\. how do i go about reflashing it with a similar nfs2 mobo? a link to a guide would be awesome, thanks so muchfor the input.
    Last edited by cookiethief; 10-11-04 at 07:26 PM. Reason: ,

Quote Originally Posted by cookiethief
    i didnt know something was wrong until the computer wouldnt post. and no, it doesnt post to the monitor :-\. how do i go about reflashing it with a similar nfs2 mobo? a link to a guide would be awesome, thanks so muchfor the input.
    I just got done doing the same thing to my friends mobo(about 1/2 hour ago)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335156

That should give all of the info you need. btw the process works, he now has the most updated bois and everything beeps like it should.

Read the thread and you'll know exactly ehat you need. If you dont anybody with the exact same board you can go to excaliberpc.com and they have "savior chips" preloaded with the latest bios for the NF7 for about $20. Better than waiting for a couple of weeks(RMA). Just read the thread and you should be good to go.
    UNDER 64 BIT CONSTRUCTION, so far:

Tsunami Dream (Black)
    DFI Ultra D (SLI Mod)
    Thermalright XP-90C (Lapped)
    Plextor 716SA/SW DVD Dual Laye Burner

FOLDING for TEAM32