• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking tool with artifact scan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

Is there a oc tool that will scan for artifacts like ATiTool?

So, I'm guessing that there are no oc software that will do this on nVidia cards, so I have a question, After I oc using the gainward software I couldn't see any artifacts in 3dmarks01se but I'm pretty sure I was able to see right through the horse in one of those tests, would that qualify as an artifact.

i wouldnt even bother about artifacts unless you can really notice them and they bug you

unless of course they're the consequence of hardware degredation.. but i really dont know enough about graphics , so im just talking out of my *** :)

I would do that but artifacts are caused by the chip overheating.

ATI Tool will scan for artifacts with NVidia cards (used it on my Ti4200), it just won't auto bump the frequency for you.

That's even better cause ATItool was making the pc crash when I had the oc untility open.

Someone once brought up the idea that because artifact tester only tests dx7 that it wouldnt be an effective tool.There would be no artifacts in artifact tester but then while playing dx8 and dx9 games,the card could become unstable.

Which tools do you use to clear the memory before a benchmark?

Just got my system up, and I'm ready to do the damn thang! :eek:

ATItool won't work at all now, it will just restart the pc, I'm running 3dmark01se to check for any artifacts my clocks are up to 330core 660mem, is that any good?

Yeah that looks pretty good, stock Ti4600 is 300/650, and stock Ti4800se is lower than that isn't it?

I think it was 275core 550mem, I didn't find the max yet but I have a question, I haven't seen any artifact but in the one of the lest tests in 3dmark01se with teh horse for some reason I can see right through it, even at default speeds.

Back