• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn in question.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirLaw11

Registered
I am currently running a P3 1Ghz 133FSB @1140, my question is if i want to burn in the processor how high should i raise my voltage at the default clock speed? I just want to squeeze some more juice on my proc. Done everything that i know and the only thing that i have'nt done is to burn in my proc. My comp is stable at this speed with the voltage of 1.9V. Any suggestion will be truly appreciated = )

I second that.

I used 1.95V on mine and up to 2.05V when trying to go higher but I will never recommend that to anyone no matter how many people successfully run theirs at that voltage.

That means running 1.9V is good enough for the default clock speed. For how long? Is it for two weeks?

Anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks as long as your running the burn in program [like Seti] as much as you can 24\7 is best. Remember all CPU's will burn in or not at different speeds, like the others said 1.9 is just fine as long as your temps are under 40C. My 1g actually burned in twice once at 1.9 and then again at 2.1 but at the higher CV it took 3 weeks to get more stability at higher FSB settings.

Back