• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hdd shuts down by it self

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matinm

Registered
hdd shuts down by it self need help qhick

say you know what i have a k8v se deluxe
ith an amd athlon 64 300+ cpu, 1 gb of corsair valueselect ram, radeon 9600 series two hard drive and i got a new hard drive and its a seagate 7200 rpm 160gb the other is a western digital. and whenver i work with it the seagate shuts down even though the other one doesnt and the hdd shutdown is disabled. ived changed the cables twice and the psu is 430 watts . can someone plz help me out.

if you need any info this is my msn messenger :[email protected]

Last edited:
undefined no its just that even if i just use the second one alone and not even conn3ect the power connector with the first.

try to change IDE channels for the drives, or maybe put them in a diff. system to test. Does the HDD spin clearly at bootup?

yes the drive does but at random timers it shuts down . and whats funny is it does it with every brand.

Three Possibilities:

1) Power connector to that HDD is loose; check the molex connector and the metal contacts inside to make sure that they are making a solid connection with the HDD power connector.

2)PSU voltages may be too low; use a volt meter and make sure that the power getting to the HDD is adaquete (11.6V - 12.4V for 12V / 4.7V - 5.3V for 5V)

3) Peliminary HDD failure; download Seagates diagnostic tools and run a full test on the HDD.

good luck

Foxy

actually i already tried using a differnent power connector for the drive
and the drive is new.

Back