• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron 2 800 @ 1066 don t stable...what to do? :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Michal[mt]

Hi all! :D
Just today have sold my old P3 katmai and bought this 'fantastic' piece of hardware: a celeron 2 800. Have immediatly tried to put it at 1066 (133x8) but without having nice results.
My detailed specs are:
mobo p3v4x with an adaptor from s370 to slot1
dimms: 2 x 133 mhz 128 mb
a quantum lct 10 30 gb
sb 64 pci
By putting this cpu on my mobo have used a global win fop38 fan with some artic silver. Than I have tested it and it seems to work well for only 20-30 minutes, after this time it turns back to windows from any 3d application. Some times on booting the machine it checks the registry making a backup...sometimes when it loads the win os it gives a strange error about the registry configuration.
Another strange thing I have seen is that the hd led is always red...so it seems it has some probs :rolleyes:
The last thing i have to say is that i can t increase the internal vcore cause my system bios don t allow me to do that.
The celeron is a SL54P with a default vcore of 1.75 volts.
Tell me the goods guys ;)
Bye all :)

What brand/model of slotket are you using?
If you cooling is good 1.80 or 1.85v for the cpu should get you to 1200mhz.

Hi placid...thx for your fast reply....i have to say I am using a very poor and commercial adaptor without any vcore jumpers settings.
I went around my town to find something better.... ;)
You think that with a vcore increase i would go higher ? :)

Yes that cpu you have should do 1200mhz or very close to that.
Unfortunatly some slotkets are very good at higher fsb's.
Try raising the cpu voltage to 1.8 and if thats no help then 1.85.
Before you do set you memory timing to 3-3-3 if its not already until you can figure out whats holding you back.

Placid...my ram cas timing is just on 3-3-3 but how you say I need a good socket adaptor...and I can t find a better one with the vcore selector :rolleyes:
Thanks :) I hope i will solve it by increasing the vcore or I promise...that cpu will be the last intel cpu I bought ;)
Now have to go sleep....here in Rome the clock says 3:23 am :p
See you tomorrow....thx again :)

I would have to agree with Placid and say that your slocket may be getting too hot and holding you back. I have a C2 800 and I am able to hit 1066@133 fsb no problem. Another thing too that I have read and been told before is that you should run your cpu at stock setting for awhile to *burn* it in.

Hi placid...hi TUK101 :)
This morning I went another time around my town and have to say that I found a shop that has a nice slotket with a voltage regulator but I must wait 10 days before it will be avaiable :p
So now am running this nice cpu at his stock frequency: 800 mhz.
10 Days of wanderfull burn in :D
Placid...how can you say that my series of cpu is a good one? Have you seen a database?
And you TUK101...have you increased the vcore a bit more like Placid have said me? Another thing guys...have seen the cpu database with a lot celeron 2 800 results and a lot of them has a vcore of 1.8/1.85...so I think it will be necessary to make this piece of hardware stable.
Thanks guys :)

I have my 800 running at 1066 with no voltage increase. I have tried going up in the fsb with negetive results. I am happy at 1066@133 fsb so I see no reason to push things any farther. I have some new cas 2 memory coming from crucial.com so i may try going higher then, but for now I will leave it be.

Hi all :)
Placid thanks for the link where there are some things explained...but what does cD0 or cC0 stand for?
Have seen a lot of these signatures around this forum and never understand what they mean :)
About you TUK101 it is nice to hear your overclock :) without using the overvolt method ;)
Bye all....for now :rolleyes:

The cC0 or cDO is the stepping or revision of the cpu.
Its like a motherboard rev 1.0 and a 1.1.
Some small changes are made or even just a change in the manufacturing process.

....Finally it is all clear ;)
Placid...it is incredibile but this evening I went for some shopping and found a computer store that sold me the famous slotket from abit ;) ....now am running the celly at a vcore of 1,85 and all seem to be stable....the word is SEEM :) Tomorrow I will post some results :cool:
Bye.

You should try prime95 to make sure you are stable but well done. Do you have any fsb options over 133mhz and what heatsink and fan do you have and what case cooling?

Congrats so far! It's a huge performance difference between 800/100 or 1066/133 ofcourse. It took me months to get stable at 132(.44)Mhz FSB. (my mobo doesn't boot at 133) When I take her up higher, 3D Games will crash back to the desktop eventually. Obviously your system needed that 1.85Vc to get there. I've been running mine at 1.95Vc even when she was unwilling at the time but it seems my chip really needed some long-term burning in. She now at 1056Mhz for 3 weeks and running Folding @ home overnight without any problems anymore. Hope your's stays stable as well! The only thing I needed do lower was the AGP speed (from 2x to 1x) but I guess your P3V4X has a 1/2 AGP multiplier so is running in spec.

Hi all :)
So...thx for congrats :)
Jus this morning have done 2 hours and a half of 3dmark 2000 benchmarking and the system never crashed or came back to os.
I have only to say: YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH
...Am using a Global win FOP38 equipped with the magic and very noisy Delta black label fan.
Guys...tomorrow I will try to put this baby at 1,2 ghz ;)
Maybe it will work...maybe it will not ;)
Finally it seems Intel have learned some lessons from AMD :rolleyes:
....about my mobo it only allows to put the fsb at 150 mhz after the 133 mhz setting.
Bye all.

Ok guys have made a lot of benchmarking in these days :)
Results? Full stable at 1066 mhz/1.85 volts, some problems at 1120/1.85-1.90 volts and not stable at 1,2 ghz/ any voltage.
How I said am using a Global win fop38, maybe the problem would be the temperature....
Have used 3d mark2000/2001 and prime95 for few hours :)
Maybe having a Thermalrigh SK6 results would be different...hehehe
Bye all :)

Well vcore is your key to get higher ...

I got a P3V4X With a c800@1066 v1.8 & 800@1120 v1.95

High temps, but running great !

Hi :)
hmmm...it is strange....i only can reach 1066 mhz with this wanderfull cpu....maybe my system ram is too poor....but the strange thing is that I got 2 dimms:
one is a wanderfull infineon 7.5 and the other is a banal pc-133.
When i try to put this cpu at 140x8 sometimes it boots and works fine, sometimes it boots with a ragestry error....bah! :)

I'll give 3 tips ana i hope it helps:
1- try to get crucial Ram at least 256 with this ram you can get around 256Mb@157Mhz+/- that reaaly helps overclocking...
2- try to flash your bios it will help your pc NOT to freeze it will make it kore stable at games and 3d appz!
3- Get a new sloket wirh vol. settings...

Hi Bond....thx :)
you see...maybe crucial rams will help but another slotket...
I got a very good slotket from abit with the voltage regulator and it works very well...about my ram i think you re right....I have to change them and buy a new 256 crucial dimm ;)

Back