• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360 core, Hynix 2.8ns chips - Can I flash to XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I have a PowerColor Radeon 9800pro, 128mb, that has the 360 core and Hynix F-28 chips. Do you think that I can flash it to XT?

If I understand right the XT bios uses lower memory latency, so these 2.8 chips should be good for that.

All that I have done to this card is try running at 390 core, and I saw 700 more 3dmarks in 01 doing that. That was with a stock heatsink and stock fan. I put AS3 on it and put a 60mm fan on the stock heatsink for now. I have a VGA silencer coming, and I'll put OCZ ramsinks on it eventually.

At stock I am 378/337. What are stock XT speeds?

I will only flash it if people think there is a high probability of it working properly.

You could flash to one of those 128 bios XT's. I would only recommend it in your case if you can get the temp sensor enabled. Stock XT speeds are 412/365 give or take. Supposedly you get a few optimized features vs a Pro. XT's memory runs faster like you stated, so speed will be improved.

A lot of people have posted saying that they got a better OC on the stock bios rather then the XT bios.............I would personally stick to the stock bios unless you can get the temp sensor enabled. But that would also depend on what kind of a OC I got from the stock bios vs the XT modded 128 bios.

Back