• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Bios for a X800XT PE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i would leave your bios alone,your card is already at max speeds for bios settings go,here is a link to a whole list of ati card based bios,i dont know the difference between them,except your default core/mem speeds are set at default.found this on this fourm--- http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

recruit said:
Are there any drifference between ATI's own bios and Club 3d's bios???

And what is driffrent about these ATI bios:
ATI X800XT PE 256MB Samsung - Rev 01
ATI X800XT PE 256MB Samsung - Rev 02
ATI X800XT PE 256MB Samsung - Rev 03

I have found them on: http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=selectfolder&filecatid=8

I hope that you can help me.....

So far the best bios I have found is the BbATI 113-A26105-102. It consistantly achieves
the best memory OC's.

Viper

i've been wondering about this as well. i can't really get much of an overclock on my x800 xt pe - could changing the bios help with that?
if so, has anyone else had any experiences with different bioses?

cheers,
binny.

Binman_UK said:
i've been wondering about this as well. i can't really get much of an overclock on my x800 xt pe - could changing the bios help with that?
if so, has anyone else had any experiences with different bioses?

cheers,
binny.

The BbATI 113-A26105-102 XT-PE bios.

Viper

iLLestOne said:
hmm, I might have to try this too. I can hit 600+ on ram, but my core won't go up high.....

Use 3DM03 Trolls Lair to find the memory OC. It is very hard on the x800's memory. Set 3DM03
to run Trolls Lair only and to repeat the test (not toop) 3-5 times so the chips can heat. Keep the
OC down is it doesn't interfere. If you turn the monitor brightness up and increase the gamma
to 1.4 or 1.5 in the ATI Control Panel memory arti's will be earier to spot. You will be looking for black
lightning, texture flickers, etc as the chips warm up. Don't confuse a pure horizontal texture tear
as a blacking lightning strike.

Viper

Yea, I need to buy 3dmark2k3 and 2k5. Right now, I only have bought 2k1. I have been using atitool, then nature to find the max oc's, although I NEVER run them execpt when playing new games (hl2, nfsu2, etc).

Temps also change in my new appartment. W/ 3 other room mates, my room goes from like 65-80F or so.....So I guess I should wait for a hot day so I REALLY know the limit....

updated the bios to 113-A26105-102 XT-PE last night with no problems at all. overclock is a bit better - i got it up to 565/580 on stock cooling with fan set to auto - but it's still not great. temps are pretty high as well - 75/76 degrees under really heavy load. so i ordered an arctic silencer 4 to see if that helps.
i know these temps are higher than usual - are they likely to be due to the chips themselves or perhaps how the hsf is attached?

Binman_UK said:
updated the bios to 113-A26105-102 XT-PE last night with no problems at all. overclock is a bit better - i got it up to 565/580 on stock cooling with fan set to auto - but it's still not great. temps are pretty high as well - 75/76 degrees under really heavy load. so i ordered an arctic silencer 4 to see if that helps.
i know these temps are higher than usual - are they likely to be due to the chips themselves or perhaps how the hsf is attached?

The temp are normal with the fan in Auto. Use ATItool or RivaTuner to lock the stock fan up at
100% (you can also change the fan speed/temp curve with ATItool) and the loaded temp will
drop about 12C.

Viper

cheers for your help m8.
i've never bothered setting the fan to 100% because it's a bit noisy for my liking - hopefully the arctic silencer 4 will help in that respect.

binny.

Binman_UK said:
cheers for your help m8.
i've never bothered setting the fan to 100% because it's a bit noisy for my liking - hopefully the arctic silencer 4 will help in that respect.

binny.

Actually if you set it 99% you will barely be able to hear it and you will still get about a 9-10C lower temps.

Viper

Ive always had the fan speed set to auto, id like to get temps down a bit, but don't want it to loud.

99% fan speed is to loud for me, am i ok to have it set at 75%?

EDIT:

Just ran COD quickly and with fan speed at 80% it only got to 58C. Quality, it got to 85C before. :clap:

Last edited:
To loud? You guys must have damn queit pcs, lol

Just set it (at least in ati tool) to be 100% when temps are above, 50c or so. When they are that high, you will be gaming and won't even notice the fan noise....

Grov said:
Ive always had the fan speed set to auto, id like to get temps down a bit, but don't want it to loud.

99% fan speed is to loud for me, am i ok to have it set at 75%?

EDIT:

Just ran COD quickly and with fan speed at 80% it only got to 58C. Quality, it got to 85C before. :clap:

Actually I think 99% get you 86% true fan speed. The next step lower would be 75% true fan speed
if I remember right. The fan controller chip isn't a continuously variable thing but has discrete
speed steps.

You can use ATItool to have the fan run at say 50% up to a certain temp and then only go faster
at higher temps. That way you are quite at the desktop but during gaming when the core
heats up the fan will kick into high gear. If you are into your game at all you won't even notice
the fan speed going up as you will be to busying consentrating on fragging someone (or
keeping from getting fragged).

Viper

Back