• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2900 BIOS editor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
We finally have a decent method to control card clocks and voltages via BIOS editing thanks to Shamino.

Enter the QuantumForce 2900 Bios Editor

sham_edit.jpg

From my experience 3DMark '01 still runs faster on ATI Tool clocks vs. BIOS set...in fact alot faster. I have yet to test the other 3DMarks. With CF overclocking now supported by ATI (reported) it would also be interesting to test the differences between Overdrive, BIOS set & the macci method of CF overclocking, I think there may be clear differences ;)

You can use ATIFlash v3.49 to flash 2900 series cards.

_

Attachments

• QuantumForce2900BiosEditor.zip
    168.4 KB · Views: 1,108
Yeah I'm extremely curious about this too. I always used AMD GPU Clock Tool to pull 1143MHz memory, and I personally believe that that crushed 1000MHz mem with the tightened modded BIOSes. macci said for 06 the latter's better though but he agreed that the looser timings might be better for 01.

You've got at least golden card which should be able to handle crazy speeds with any mix of timings, so hop to it. :p

This pro I just got runs 1143 memory via ati tool no problem - set those clocks via BIOS and it struggles and scores alot lower in Nature.

847/1143 via ATI Tool 677.8 fps

847/1143 via BIOS 628 fps and light artifacts.

Strange stuff. I even ran a few insider BIOS's (850/990 for example) and they we're also slower, nothing topping 630 fps. I need to test in '05 or '06 and see whats going on.

But they come very close to 630 right? IIRC 990 on those BIOSes ~ 1050 ATi Tool/ GPU clock tool set.

Back