• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much is too much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eatmyshorts7569 said:
I wanted to OC my all-in-wonder 9800PRO and i wanted to know what frequancy i should set CORE and MEMORY.

-Shawn
Google " ATI Tool" thats a great testing tool to find both of those very things out for you.

Every card is different and will clock differentally. Your settings are unique and I cannot "tell" you what yours will clock to

Cooling is going to be a key thing also...stock cooling wont go as high as say using a VGA cooler (not sure if a VGA can be installed on a AIW)...also...your case fan positioning will also have added/neg affect also...

So if you find that your OC is not that great or think it can do more...these are a few things that can help increase the OC...ramsinks will help the memory OC also...

thnx guys. ill get on that but what about flashing what do i ned on that. and i realize that there is a guid but the links ont work for me.

I personally wouldnt try to flash a AIW to a XT...not even sure if it is possible...have heard it was...but they also lost the AIW compent with the flash...if what they posted was even true

Are you using stock cooling and if so...have you taken it off and replaced the junk thermal paste and what little there is of it...with AS or AS5?

Back