• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 9800 pro manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ill go with a 256mb 9800 pro, probably from Sapphire or maybe built by ATi

The extremely minimal gains from having a 256 meg 9800 Pro, vs. a 128 meg 9800 Pro, do not even come close to justifying the signifigantly large additional cost, in purchasing the 256 meg card.

Add to this the fact that AGP is obsolete, no longer the industry standard, and you do not want to spend very much money on your AGP 9800 Pro. A 128 meg card is a very decent gaming card, and will easily hold you off untill a fast and expensive PCI-Express video card down the road. The cheaper 128 meg card is also, happily, almost identical to the 256 meg card when it comes to game performance - there is no reason to waste your money on the 256 meg card :-/.

Buy yourself a nice 128 meg BBA 9800 Pro, you will not be dissapointed with it :).

Just make sure it is the 256 bit edition. Most people dont know the diff when selling it, unless they are into games and know the specifics of the cards. The 256 bit is a faster card.

I do feel pretty lucky

I picked up my card

An R350 core, with an Artic VGA silencer, Ram Sinks
128mb of 256 bit memory

dual heads, TV out and payed a palrty 150cdn for it, (about 110 USD)

Bonus the card over clockes better than 3/4 of the other 9800 seris cards out there. 3dMark and Aquamark scores prove that.

hey capt. Fiero, can you still get a deal liek that in Surrey? if you can please tell me how i can get my hands on it. Vid cards are really expensive here. As for felinusz, thanks ill get the 128mb one instead.

jokers_greg

hey capt. Fiero, can you still get a deal liek that in Surrey?

You live near me, I'm in Toronto.

If you are looking for a used video card, keep your eye on the open Buy/Sell forums on www.redflagdeals.com - it is a Canadian website, fairly safe for trading on, and with many people from Toronto selling used hardware.

As mentioned above, a lot of people are selling their 9800 Pro video cards right now.

Sapphire 9800pro w/R360 core and Hynix HY5DU283222A F-28 432a.
Mem clocks like crap, 370 is ~ the max stable. Core goes like stink though :) 486 is benchable no probs, over 490 should be do-able with some cold air... Hoping for 500+ once the card gets some vmods ;)

eeek, thats serious. But i had enough of crappy RAM, my friend has a 9700 TX, and its simply horrible. Its core will reach 350, but mem locks up at like 285!!

Back