• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Is it worth the deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey everyone, I recently came across an intriguing deal and I'm unsure which option is best. My friend is offering to trade their Steam Valve Index VR headset with body sensors for my 12900K and MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4 motherboard. Initially, we were also considering trading an RTX 3090 Ti, but he believes that my RTX 3080 should suffice for my programming and design needs, suggesting that the VR headset might be more useful. The deal also includes a few extras, like a standing platform for FPS gaming, the name of which I'm uncertain. Both options seem to be of good value, and I'm not sure which one is more sensible. In either case, I could resell the items if needed, but I'd still need to acquire a CPU, motherboard, and possibly RAM. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

In Conclusion - My friend recently acquired an RTX 4090, and as a result, he hasn't been using the VR headset much. It's been gathering dust, but it's not too old—perhaps a year or two at most. The same goes for the RTX 3090 Ti, I believe.

I mean, worth it is up to you dewd! We have no idea how much you want or will use the VR headset. I'd just buy one.......though you seem to like to swap/trade things constantly. Seems easier to buy one for the (potential) extra expense than go through all the effort to rebuy PC parts and build a PC.

I see what you mean I will think about that one.

Last edited:
Or buy his VR headset and let him buy the PC parts!
True I could do that instead too. lol Honestly I didn't want to break my loop is why I went back also to water cooling to prevent me from swapping parts often. lol

I too echo everything that has been said. If you can't trade, cash is king. With cash, you can pay what the VR is worth and he can buy items that he needs. That is always a good fall back point. If you guys can make a deal that you are both happy with then do that otherwise, "In God we trust, all others pay cash".

Back