• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help OC'ing celeron 466 on MSI mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaPiDfIrE

i have tried to set the bus speed jumper on the mobo to 100Mhz but it won't boot at all, so i've accepted the fact that it will only work when set to 66Mhz

i have managed to get the CPU to run very stable at 525Mhz 75/37Mhz, but it won't go any higher without hanging almost immediately, i have heard of people getting these chips/boards up to around the 768Mhz mark, pls help

the mobo is an MSI-6153

the chip is a celeron 466Mhz 128k cache @525Mhz @1.95v

thx

Bad news...

Chances arent good at all thaqt you will hit 100mhz bus with that particluar processor. This is because the maximum speed those particular core of celerons will do is around 500mhz. A quick perusal of the CPU database reveals that only 2 people got the CPU to do 100mhz bus. The max speed after that was 83mhz bus. You might try 83 mhz bus, but be careful, certain types of PCI hardware and hard drives dont like the out of spec speeds generated at 83mhz bus.
Peace and Thermal Grease
Lucifer

Well,i agree with the other guys.
It all depends from your mobo capabilities.
Fsb set to 75 is the most reliable o\c you can get for your cpu,
with the mobo you are using.
Next and almost maximum setting is the 83,but it depends if your
system can handdle it. ( PCI,AGP..... ).
I had a cel 400 ppga one year ago and it worked at 83fsb on a
QDI mobo with minnor problems rarely,especially from my agp.
But that mobo didn't have any adjustments for voltage and devider settings.
Later on,when i changed it with an MSI 6309 that had those kind
of adjustments,i made it work @550mhz with an 92 fsb and only
up the v-core for 0,10 volts and a fop32 heatsink.
It was completely stable.

Well,that's all from me....i hope you can make it.
Tasos

Back