• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange 9800 PRO > XT behavior, but good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

This has been boggling my mind lately. I just recently reformatted today, yay. I have my 9800 PRO Softmodd'ed to XT (I know there isnt much of a change from PRO > XT), and it told me i have a r360 core. I thought that was odd but just a side effect of bios flashing. Until i took the heatsink fan off of it and replaced it with something much nicer. It really was a r360 core. NOW, i've redownloaded ATI Tool to check my speeds, make sure there are no artifacts in my overclocks, i usually use games to judge that but i like its opinion. I got temp monitoring now...and it said i didnt before - even when it will flashed to XT (older ati tool version). Its registering as 57C min load, 61C max load. Is this normal?

This is not strange..... You have a 9800pro on a xt pcb.... once it's flashed you'll have a 9800xt complete with temp monitoring...... depending on which bios you use, you'll even get overdrive....... congrats.

Well what I find strange about it is the fact that several programs said i didnt have Temp. monitoring before, but now it does? I find that very odd, i've had it flashed to XT for a while now but its showing up now, wierd

Is this the 128 or 256 meg flavor?

Older versions of ATI tool do not support temp monitoring I think.

obsolete said:
Is this the 128 or 256 meg flavor?

Older versions of ATI tool do not support temp monitoring I think.

The newer versions of atitool will detect temps even without a flashed card.... as long as the temp sensor is on the card. The older versions required a flashed card but now AFAIK that isn't necessary.....

Ohhh...well thanks for the replys. I was starting to think i had a magic card or something lol

Its a 128mb 256bit Sapphire Radeon 9800 PRO

Back