Did I buy a good ram or did I get ram raided

Ok I bought some Ram off a mate for peanuts ($100) so I couldn’t turn it down. I don’t really know much about ram it just looked good lol. My questions is, is it possible to overclock this ram and also I have enclosed a picture of my bios to assist in anyone that recommends any changes as always I thank you in advance for you help.

MY RAM IS:

SAMSUNG
    2 x 1GB Unbuffered DIMMs DDR2-533 M378T2953BG0

Last edited by slotted; 04-13-05 at 01:41 PM.
    MEMORY -

PROCESSOR -

MOTHERBOARD -

GRAPHICS -

COOLING -

POWER

Is that an ECS board you are using? That is dirt cheap for that ram, so I think you did very well. Whether or not you can overclock it is up to your motherboard. All I can see is timing adjustments in there, no clock frequency adjustments. Are there any other screens such as frequency/voltage control? If there are, I am sure you can grab some more mhz out of that ram. Best of luck.

-Collin-
    Gaming Rig: Core i7 920|Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme|OCZ PC3-12800 Platinum D9JNL (3x1gb)|Visiontek HD 4870|PC Power & Cooling 1kw-SR
    Testing Rig: E1600 Celery|Asus Blitz Extreme|Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800 D9GTR (2x1gb)|BFG OC 8800GTS|Antec Server 550 Watt

Me: Dude! I can't post anything because of the NDA on my CPU!!!
    Glock: What NDA...you mean that piece of paper that got used as a napkin and thrown away?

My Heat

Yes it is....off to look in Bios (glad it was a bargain ) I Foresee a lot of problems with this board, it was good at the time to allow be to upgrade slowly ie ddr to ddr2 and AGP to PCI Ex, but I think now I have upgraded, the novelty has worn off, and its just a plain inflexible board

Back: Dam looks like im out of luck this is the only other thing i could find no mention of volts

The DRAM Frq gave me two options 400 or 533 it autos to 533
    Last edited by slotted; 04-13-05 at 01:55 PM.
    MEMORY -

PROCESSOR -

MOTHERBOARD -

GRAPHICS -

COOLING -

POWER

Sorry, a bit OT, but that picture of that monitor looks extremely fish-eyed...is it just the picture effect, or do all non-flat screens look like _That_, now?

It made me feel a bit strange looking at it -.- Not sure about DDR2, though.....

Is it just me or does the timings suck? Don´t know but that is maybee good timings on ddr2 :/.... If i where u I would oc the cpu so it worked at 1:1 divider instead!
    What is the spd of that mem?
    Gaming Rig:
    P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.32V | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 stock Voltage | 2x4 gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 Mhz CL9 | OCZ vertex 3 max iops ED 120GB, OCZ vertex 2 60GB
    Storage rig:
    Asus P5E deluxe | Duocore E8400 stock | 2x2GB Crosair Dominator 8500 @ 800MHZ | Velociraptor OS, 5x2TB raid 0 Storage

Best that I have ever seen for DDR-2 was 3,2,2,8 It doen't do low cas latencies well. Most ddr-2 runs at 4,2,2,8 or 4,3,3,8 so it really doesn't have the best cas latencies.
    Big changes coming: Intel e4300, DFI Blood iron, Crucial DDR2-8500, ATI x859xt, MCW-6002>Ehiem 1250>Bip3 with 3 nidec beta Vs, Sunbeam Zorro, Corsair 650 watter
    Stuff I should be using but don't: Finally got around to running that stuff.

Ever run a benchmark? support our forums by posting it in the 3dmark team and system benchmarking team sections.
    My heatware

Silence may be golden but performance is platinum