• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a celeron 666 mhz processor on a Trigem Motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Hi, I have a Trigem Anneheim 3 Mobo, with a celeron 666 mhz processor. I am not sure how i can get it to overclock, or if I can at all. I checked Trigems website, but they didn't have any jumper settings on this particular Mobo. Also, are celerons locked? If so, how do I unlock it? If anyone know how to OC this one, please let me know. Thanks!

sorry man, why dont you just get a new mobo......with a bx chipset made by abit....that would overclock well and cost less than 100 dollars

Well the reason I don't just get a new Mobo, is because that would completley defeat the purpose of me building a super powerhouse computer later. I just want to OC my computer untill I build my power house. That is why. :)

Yes, Celerons are locked, just like every other new Intel chips. You can't, unfortunately, unlock them.

Hey if youget lucky there may be a BIOS setting to get 100fsb. Now whether or not the 66 can do that stock voltage is another question.

Try a software base FSB adjuster like SoftFSB

I have already checked that, SoftFSB doesn't have my mainboard type, but it does have my PLL thingy. So I tried that, and it worked. I was able to get it up to 800 mhz, but my sound stopped working, and I couldn't shutdown my computer. Are there any other FSB software out there besides SoftFSB, and CPUCooL? Please let me know. Also, do any of you know why my sound stopped working? I have built on soundcard, so that I am sure has something to do with it, but I'm not sure exctley why it is doing that.

Back