• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair COOL vs. Thermalright XP-90C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
zip22 said:
huh? thats less than 1 amp.

and i agree that the swiftech kit has top notch parts.

Same difference. :p

I know there are a lot of DIY-selfers here, but I'm really only interested in a kit that performs better than my XP-90C with the case closed and still quiet and fits my case without any modification. I certainly understand a DIY job is better in all areas other than possibly needing modification of my case.

kbtat2 said:
I bought the Corsair cool kit and it has been great! My entire case is now cooler especially NB and CPU because I dont have the HS-Fan blowing hot air all over everything. I also got the kit at Techonweb.com for @ $165.00. Someone said that the radiator wasn't too good, Why? Isn't it a Black Ice pro or equivalent? Anyway I could have built my own setup but I'm busy at work and for the money spent it couldn't be beat. All the parts would have cost me more than the kit did.

How reliable is Techonweb?

ZachM said:
-aDaM^, the COOL kit uses Swiftech parts. Is has a MCP350 pump, a MCW6000 block, and one of their molded bay reserviors. I wouldn't say those parts suck at all. I think it is one of the best kits on the market. For a newbie who doesn't want to deal with learning about all of the different parts out there, I think it would be a good choice.

seconded.

Corsair's COOL water kit is just swiftech's kits boxed up with a corsair label on them. Swifty's kits are barely kits. They more like complete pre-organized checkout baskets using the best parts possible. Corsair just put a nice face on it.

Whenever some says "kit" I think a bunch of us automatically think of thermaltake crap.

jamesavery22 said:
seconded.

Corsair's COOL water kit is just swiftech's kits boxed up with a corsair label on them. Swifty's kits are barely kits. They more like complete pre-organized checkout baskets using the best parts possible. Corsair just put a nice face on it.

Whenever some says "kit" I think a bunch of us automatically think of thermaltake crap.

So you second the recommendation that Corsair builds a fine kit, as far as "kits" go?

Blkout said:
How reliable is Techonweb?
Techonweb was really good. Good price, Fast shipping and they kept me up to date on every step of delivery. I was really surprised because I had never heard of them but they were great.

kbtat2 said:
Techonweb was really good. Good price, Fast shipping and they kept me up to date on every step of delivery. I was really surprised because I had never heard of them but they were great.

Well, I just ordered the kit from them, my first foray into water cooling PC's. I can't belive how much cheaper Technoweb is than everyone else on some of their products. They were $35 cheaper than NewEgg for this kit.

Jas said:
It's a very good "kit".

As mentioned before, just a rebranded Swiftech setup.

Yea, but it seems as if they improved a few things over the Swiftech setup, even if its only minor changes, don't you agree?

Post your results after you get it installed so I can see if it worked as good for you as it did for me.

Blkout said:
Yea, but it seems as if they improved a few things over the Swiftech setup, even if its only minor changes, don't you agree?

I saw a demo model at Microcenter a few weeks back, they had an acrylic case running with one. I looked exactly liek the Swiftech kit with the single 120mm rad. Only difference was the top hold down on the waterblock was green.

Jas said:
I saw a demo model at Microcenter a few weeks back, they had an acrylic case running with one. I looked exactly liek the Swiftech kit with the single 120mm rad. Only difference was the top hold down on the waterblock was green.

They also do a dandy job of painting the tops of the blocks. Think I might do the same with my mcw6000.

And on a side note, if you do some sort of metalic paint like chrome, is it a good idea to paint the barbs like they did?

Jas said:

Does anyone know for sure if the Corsair uses a 240 pin waterblock as opposed to the Swiftie's 281 pin block?

And one last question, would it benefit me to change waterblocks or is the one that comes with this kit pretty much optimal for the kit? Meaning, I don't want to have to make any more upgrades to the kit just change to another waterblock.

jamesavery22 said:
They also do a dandy job of painting the tops of the blocks. Think I might do the same with my mcw6000.

And on a side note, if you do some sort of metalic paint like chrome, is it a good idea to paint the barbs like they did?

Well, I'm not really fan of the Corsair's coloring, but I guess it won't matter since my case will be closed and I don't have windows.

kbtat2 said:
Post your results after you get it installed so I can see if it worked as good for you as it did for me.

Well, I'm most interested in seeing how well it performs over a top notch air cooling solution like my XP-90C, seems most comparisons done online are compared to the stock coolers which doesn't tell me much since those are garbage to begin with.

I haven't seen one of these kits other than the one that was running in that case. So I have no idea bout the number of pins. However, the Swiftech blocks are among the top performing blocks, so I can't see any reason you would need to change the waterblock.

Jas said:
I haven't seen one of these kits other than the one that was running in that case. So I have no idea bout the number of pins. However, the Swiftech blocks are among the top performing blocks, so I can't see any reason you would need to change the waterblock.

Well done then, thank you.

Back