• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
asus.jpg

...****ers wanna play rough? I can do that :mad: I'll let the lawyers and FTC deal with them.

<EVIDENCE LINKS>

www.asus.com.tw/news_show.aspx?id=892
http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?l1=3&12=11&13=0&model=493&modelmenu=1

www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?cat=mobos&=368

<see the fine print>
http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5WD2 Premium&langs=09

Last edited:
go get em sen...dont let em get away with it. Sounds like when msi released a diamond mobo without the wifi/bluetooth card they advertised it as having..... :mad:

Called mastercard, they are denying payment. Calling UPS to deny the shipement.

I refuse to be dooped!

Man, I was gonna ditch abit and start buying asus mobo's in future builds. But after this they can burn in hell with ThermalTake.

Keep on em bud!!

Its too bad Asus chose to noob us on the release of this board. It had potential of being something that owners could really be proud of. I’ve been waiting a long time for the release of Asus's dual graphics solution for Intel and I was really looking forward to seeing what these boards were capable of. Now instead of overclocking the crap out of it people will be too busy feeling ripped off because they didn’t get their TV card. It’s a dam shame.

And I liked asus...

O well. If they're being dishonest, they should pay the consequences...

Asus just emailed me back. Its gonna cost an additional $20 for the WiFi card....that ****ing does it. Im ordering the gigabyte now

Dear Miss,

While I really appreciate the help you must understand how I feel. I just spent $250 on a motherboard 2 days ago. That is *significantally* more expensive than anything else currently available on the market. Typically motherboards are no more than $150-170.

I was expecting this feature when I bought this product. Your website suggests that it does infact come with such a feature, which would justify the pricetag.

However in this case there are 2 versions, neither of which are listed on your site. One is the WiFi edition the other is a non-wifi.

Your website and staff warn nothing to this effect. Because of such I have filed a complaint with the FTC and BBB for "bait-and-switch" style tactics used by your company.

While I know that you are not responsible for such and I feel badly replying in such a fasion, I cannot justify an additional $20 surcharge on a key feature of your product that I was duely relying upon.

Your website has no explicit warning suggesting that this feature is optional, instead it is tactfully hidden amongst your website under the fine-print. Please feel free to foreward this to your supervisor.

Unfortunatly this is my first Asus product, and rest assured it will be the last after seeing such "manuvering" of your PR department.

I am in contact with Mastercard and UPS to get my product returned to my re-seller Actbuy.com. I will be sending them a similar email this re-seller tonight concerning these issues.

Regretfully,

Philip Hallam

I do NOT **** around with ****-ants like this!

I'll join the anti Asus campaign! Of course i never planned on buying their products, so it'll be easy to boycott them :p

You get em Sen!

ShaftedTwice said:
^^Ouch dude, that really sucks, and we should boycott em as well, as I see in your sig.. Hope Asus burns in hell for this..
Im sorry but I am going to make it a point to burn these ****ers. I am tired of deceptive advertisement in computers.

Pro*Banshee said:
My a8n-SLI deluxe works perfectly fine, I haven't had any problems at all with it, or Asus.
That may be so, but this is IN-EXCUSABLE! There is no mention anywhere that there is a Wifi edition and a non-wifi edition. They only list one product.

I honest to god dont want to be the bad guy in this, but seriously folks...what other options do I have? I just spend $250 on a board who's features seem ill-legimate.

On top of this I was digging and just found that it doesnt even support SLI either eventhough it comes with a SLI bridge. :nono:

I dont know what else to do but to just axe the whole deal. Actbuy wont take it back without charging 15% restocking so I was forced to take this up with mastercard.

Sux, thats for damn sure. Ill never buy Asus again for this.

Back