• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wal-Mart $50 woofer box w/neon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
I was cruising through wal-Mart, looking for models and what not, looking for model spraypaint (I just finished painting my keyboard metallic flake blue--NICE!), when I saw this cheap (And I use that term heavily--this thing is crapola) dual 6 inch woofer box for $50. I wouldn't care about the woofers themselves, or even the bandpass box, but the thing is that there are TWO neon light circles! One around each woofer opening! They're about 7" in diameter, the tubes themselves are your standard 2/5" neon tubes.

They run on 12 volts (Standard motor vehicle voltage), and are only mounted on by 4 screws, very easy to remove (I took out my knife, and unscrewed 3 of the screws, and if I took the 4th off, it would come right out). The actual neon tube is encased in what looks to be an acrylic tube, for breakage protection.

I'm not certain what use it would be, because a 7" circular hole is pretty small, but perhaps mounting them in tandem on the bottom of the case? It would make a neon (blue by the way) figure 8 sort of shape.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about it! The woofers and bandpass are no doubt crappy, I mean two 6" woofers, a full on band pass box, AND dual 7" neon lights, all for $50? You KNOW it's gotta be crappy. But still, $50 for two circular neon lights... that's phenominal in itself, and you'd still have the woofer box and woofers to toy around with, maybe make a woofer for your PC speaker system! (It says 300 watts, but that's obsurd. It's probably rated using that Korean system, where they claim these crappy, simple desktop speakers are 500 watts. You guys know what I'm talking about...)

The more I think about it, the more I want one, just for the neon tubes! They had plenty in stock, maybe 25 or so, they were in the middle of the aisle, like where they put dodgeballs bins, and garden tillers, and other crap they want to get rid of.

lol, you actually took out your knife and undid the screws? thats funny,i bet if they seen you they would have thought "what the heck is this guy doing,is he gonna steal the lights?" sounds like something one of my friends would do
that is a good price though,i have to see if they got them at my wallyworld mart

MaX PowerZ said:
lol, you actually took out your knife and undid the screws? thats funny,i bet if they seen you they would have thought "what the heck is this guy doing,is he gonna steal the lights?" sounds like something one of my friends would do
that is a good price though,i have to see if they got them at my wallyworld mart

Yea, I always carry my knife around. You never know when you'll need one, like I did today! I keep it clipped to the outside of my right pocket, so it's in plain view, and as such, not a concealed weapon.

It was a display model, and I had asked before I did it, they couldn't find a screwdriver, so I said "I'll use my knife".

Security. Scan section 18. Security scan section 18 please.

I always here that in Wal-Mart and start to wonder just what section I'm in.

Back