• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Hardware Destruction Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Once my eyes quite burning. I will upload my adventure. I had every cap explode!!!!
The wife is still vomiting from the smoke.

Enablingwolf said:
Once my eyes quite burning. I will upload my adventure. I had every cap explode!!!!
The wife is still vomiting from the smoke.

dude, caps contain toxic chemicals. BAD move to burn something with caps. I'm almost positive you weren't joking that your wife was vomiting. May cause you guys to be sick for a while, at least.

on a better note, your sig is SICK

"Cyrix can prove that you can put pins on a turd and call it a CPU"

Can't agree more. Damned WinChip2!!

I told her to move away. I was upwind. She is blonde.

It would be easy if I could get someone to host the rar for me...?? There is a 4 meg or so .rar I wont use the host for. Too much effort and bandwidth. HEre is a sample..

pict00011mx.jpg

pict00100xn.jpg

pict00313yo.jpg

Last edited:
Enablingwolf said:
I told her to move away. I was upwind. She is blonde.

It would be easy if I could get someone to host the rar for me...?? There is a 4 meg or so .rar I wont use the host for. Too much effort and bandwidth. HEre is a sample..

pict00011mx.jpg

pict00100xn.jpg

pict00313yo.jpg

send me the rar, i'll see if I can host it

jimmies... i work at an ice cream shop
just call them sprinkles, please
btw, burn more pics and put them in this thread, im too lazy to dl videos or click links

techun said:
jimmies... i work at an ice cream shop
just call them sprinkles, please
btw, burn more pics and put them in this thread, im too lazy to dl videos or click links

lol, all the pics are 2048x1536

Holy cow!

SolidXSnake and EnablingWolf, you guys rule :thup:

My own contribution will be in on Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on when the Machine shop fires up the foundry) :D

Too bad no 4th of july exploints can be attempted in my apartment, my roomate will throw a fit and we have a Policeman in our building. Wouldn't want to go to jail for that. In case you wonder, stupid laws in Indiana forbid personal firecracker festivities. You can buy 'em, but sign an affidavit and explode them in Ohio :rolleyes:

You can buy 'em, but sign an affidavit and explode them in Ohio

Oh yeah, send your trouble makers over here.. hehe

I was warned by one of my friends, no explosives or fires... Too bad all I had was the torch. :(

The caps were plenty for me. I got hit by one. I am glad I used the can at first. Once the caps blew off. I poured on the heat.

Super Nade said:
Holy cow!

My own contribution will be in on Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on when the Machine shop fires up the foundry) :D

Too bad no 4th of july exploints can be attempted in my apartment, my roomate will throw a fit and we have a Policeman in our building. Wouldn't want to go to jail for that. In case you wonder, stupid laws in Indiana forbid personal firecracker festivities. You can buy 'em, but sign an affidavit and explode them in Ohio :rolleyes:

fireworks are illegal up here in massachusetts too... Most people light them anyway, no1 cares...

Wait till I get the torch workin tomorrow... Then I get to **** up a glass hp scanner :D

SolidxSnake said:
fireworks are illegal up here in massachusetts too... Most people light them anyway, no1 cares...
You can just buy them in Nashua, right? Never tried since I'm not 18, though.

Damian said:
You can just buy them in Nashua, right? Never tried since I'm not 18, though.

I have no clue where ppl get them... the place I think they get 'em is NH.

Btw, Got confirmation that i'm gonna go office space on a hp scanjet 4600 tomorrow !!

Super Nade said:
Holy cow!

You think thats cool? I should show you some of my pics... :D Unfortunately, They were all taken before this thread, and none involved hardware...imagine 6 double shot artillery shells, a few home made pipe bombs, and a bouquet of bottle rockets all going off at once...and that one was kinda small :D .

LoneWolf121188 said:
You think thats cool? I should show you some of my pics... :D Unfortunately, They were all taken before this thread, and none involved hardware...imagine 6 double shot artillery shells, a few home made pipe bombs, and a bouquet of bottle rockets all going off at once...and that one was kinda small :D .

stick that in a closed hard drive and then we'll see if you can top us :p

any of you know where u can get the bits for making thermite :)

its iron oxide and aluminum isnt it? u can burn **** up to the max with that

Guys,

Please ease up on the explosive making techniques.It is illegal and that is a sure way of getting this thread locked. We don't want that do we :)

I request everybody to edit their posts appropriately. :)

Let's not discuss it, in detail, a picture is worth a million words :D

Thermite isnt an explosive it was used for repair welding in things like old locomotive axle-frames where the repair can take place without removing the part from its installed location. although after some research its only tends to be called thermite when used in grenades and bombs.

so i shall correct my self and say wouldn’t its be fun to use Thermit ( as used to repair rail way tracks) to melt a harddrive or other such device in a safe fashion that aid in the destruction of said parts in an appropriate manner for the enjoyment of others reading this thread.

I think that’s slightly better don’t you think ;)

the anarchist's cookbook has all the goodies for making thermite LOL (my friends mom actually has an original copy of it from the 70's)

Well, I made a makeshift flamethrower, goin back to torch my drive/phone... and then i'm gonna torture the 20gb and my neighbors scanner with an air rifle (the power of a hunting rifle, 10 ***** into the gun to get it at that power)

Well, more about thermite...

Anyone see that thebroken episode where they made a laptop that ignited thermite (which was inside of a floppy drive, I think) when they threw a switch?

*flick* ......ffffffsssshshhshssshHHH!H!H!!HHH!!!!!! *pop*SSSHHHHSHHHH!!!

Back