• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woohoo! My Stacker Arrived today.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laynlow

Woohoo! My Stacker Arrived today. (Pics Added)

I started out with a Silverstone Glacier because the machined aluminum front is just beautiful. I built a brand new rig on this chassis, but quickly grew tired of having to remove the top/side cover and front bezel just to clean the air filter. I also had a bit of a challenge keeping the case cool, and I decided I did not like the cramped confines of a midtower. The noise was a problem too.

After looking around a bit, doing lots of reading, and finding a million cases I should have ordered in the first place; I finally settled on the Stacker. I got the black sides and also ordered a black side with window directly from Coolermaster. All I can say is this case is sexy. Although the front mesh inserts are a bit awkward to remove, the case is very roomy and easy to work with. I installed the cross flow fan and even with all fans running on high, I can still hear the two Dell's (PII smoothwall box and 2.8 P4) behind me running over the Stacker.

I have some nice SATA cables and a sleeving kit coming for misc wires, so the inside is not too tidy right now, but I might post some pictures when I get it all cleaned up.

If you are looking for a full tower case, I can definitely recommend the stacker.

Last edited:
Ya CM stacker looks really nice. I just dont like bottoms PSU's (unless you have inverted motherboard mounting.) I'm trying to decide between CM stacker and lian li v2000 right now, I want the Lian Li but the hard drive cooling just sucks on it. What version of the stacker/ motherboard are you using ?

Haha just decided to get one.. Really nice case (although I was hoping for a REAL removable motherboard tray, lol.) Gunna have to move the button / add a fan controller to the top of the case or something (get extra bay and a less fugly power button!)

I have the regular stacker. I thought about waiting on the 810, but the lack of the cross flow fan and lack of dual PSU support was a deal breaker. The cross flow fan and blow hole fan have lowered my case temps 5-8c. I replaced the rear 120mm with a panaflow I had in the other case. I have a delta for the HD cage fan, but the stock is working fine for now. This case is sooo much quieter than my old one. The stacker 830 did not interest me at all. I hate cases with doors. The only thing this case lacks is a removable (it is with 15 screws) tray. Given the room inside, it is almost a non-issue.

I got the black side panel version, and just got my windowed side to match from coolermaster this week. The case really looks sharp. I have sleeved the case wiring blue like my Fortron, and I have some sound damping material to put in as well. I am just getting things the way i like them a little at a time.

ETA: My MB is a MSI 915P Neo2.

Hey what kinda hard drives / what kinda temps do you get with their hard drive cage? I can't find the CFM specs for their 1200rpm sleeve bearing fan. The main reason I wanna get the stacker is it's ability to effectively, quietly cool about 12-> 16 hard drives. They don't say anything about the 4in3 cfm / dba levels.

As if the stacker wasn't big enough: http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/...&start=0&sid=505bb8e5eed92ec6d643fadc1dd4ec6d

Edien said:
Hey what kinda hard drives / what kinda temps do you get with their hard drive cage? I can't find the CFM specs for their 1200rpm sleeve bearing fan. The main reason I wanna get the stacker is it's ability to effectively, quietly cool about 12-> 16 hard drives. They don't say anything about the 4in3 cfm / dba levels.

As if the stacker wasn't big enough: http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/...&start=0&sid=505bb8e5eed92ec6d643fadc1dd4ec6d

74gig Raptor and 250 gig Caviar both SATA. After being on all day, Raptor is 31c and Caviar is 29c. The isolation gromets on the cage work great. Drives are much quieter now.

I don't know the CFM of the stock fans either, but it isn't much. They kept the case cool, but I like my panaflows and deltas. I have a Sunbeam, so I run them at 7 volts.

I can't tell you how many times I poured over your pictures. Very well done!

You helped me make my decision. :)

Kil4Thril said:
I'd also like to see a mid-size version of it to trade in my Sonata for. I love this case.

The 830 is a mid tower in the stacker line due out soon. It doesn't look like the original though.

Edien said:

That's an amazing mod in the link you posted! :cool:

I think the biggest selling point of the Stacker is it's size, so I don't see much need for a mid-size model. Although I'm sure there would be plenty of people to buy it just for the looks in a standard sized case.

Edien said:
Ya CM stacker looks really nice. I just dont like bottoms PSU's (unless you have inverted motherboard mounting.)

Yea. I agree. It would really suck if you had an NF7-S or AN7 cause the atx connecter is up in the corner so you would have this big ugly thick cable running right across your board. BOOOO

Back