• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

connect3d x800pro -- $199.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
m3x1c4nj3w said:
no. agp x800 pros will flash to xt pe, but not pci-e, since the pipes have been laser cut.

DAMNIT!!! :bang head i'm looking for a good, 'cheap' <$300 pcie card :eh?:

hmm... is there no way to connect those pipes for a pcie x800?

Last edited:
oh well, i just ordered one. here's to hoping i survive my fiance's wrath when she finds out... :(

I ordered mine on Wed. and called Thurs. They said it had already been shipped. I have not recieved an email confirmation of shipping or the card.

mine was shipped... looks like it is coming from il. i just hope i have it by the weekend. i didn't get an email stating it was shipped either, but i do remember reading somewhere after i placed my order (possibly in the invoice they emailed me) that they do not email shipping confirmation/tracking... you need to log into your account and you will be able to get your tracking number etc... most likely just a ploy to get you back to the site in hopes you will buy more.

Last edited:
Banyan said:
mine was shipped... looks like it is coming from il. i just hope i have it by the weekend. i didn't get an email stating it was shipped either, but i do remember reading somewhere after i placed my order (possibly in the invoice they emailed me) that they do not email shipping confirmation/tracking... you need to log into your account and you will be able to get your tracking number etc... most likely just a ploy to get you back to the site in hopes you will buy more.
thats tigerdirect for you! :p

In my confirmation email they say they will send an email confirmation that the item has been shipped (which I never got). I went on thier website last night and checked and it says it has been shipped and I should have it soon. I sent a request for another confirmation email and I still haven't gotten one. They do say that thier shipping dept is undergoing some major construction right now though, maybe that is the problem. Anyway I hope the card gets here soon.

*EDIT*

It should be here today!

Pinky said:
How do we know this isn't the VIVO variety?

I bought one, got here in 2 days and its not vivo.

Card works ok, not too noisey or anything...

I have a dual boot system (win 98 and XP Pro) and the drivers borked win98 but I doubt anyone else here is running win 98 :p

jabtek said:

I have a dual boot system (win 98 and XP Pro) and the drivers borked win98 but I doubt anyone else here is running win 98 :p
well at least we know that someone received their card...and in 2 days, thats not too bad!

jabtek said:

i believe ATI discontinued support for windows me/98 last year before the x800s were released.... that might be your problem

bobmanfoo said:
i believe ATI discontinued support for windows me/98 last year before the x800s were released.... that might be your problem

Catalyst 5.2 or 5.3 drivers support Win98/Me and the drivers do work its just choppy... Works perfect for 30 seconds then hangs for 2 or 3 seconds then works perfect again for another 30 seconds.

In anycase I'll be making a box just for my Win98 stuff I use, just got to migrate all my stuff over to my Win64 HD and I'll be good to go.

the card works just ok? i was hoping for more than ok performance :( i'm just wondering 'cause you don't seem very impressed.

Banyan said:
the card works just ok? i was hoping for more than ok performance :( i'm just wondering 'cause you don't seem very impressed.

I really didn't try it for long, and I have no games that really can push the card to the limits or anything.. I played a little CS-S with the card in and it worked but I couldn't see any differance between the X800 and my NV 5950

I ordered BF 2 from Circuit city so I'll be using it for that, as of right now I am back to my NV card due to the Win98 issues.

Back