• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4630 Problem Help plz :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toaster

Registered
Ok here goes,

I just bought all new PC parts which include:

p4630
hyper 48 cooler
asus p5gdc
radeon 800XL
2 GB Ram (2 x 512 crucial, 2 x 512 PNY) Might be my problem?
WDraptor HD
Antec NeoPower

Ok i have all this together. All setting in bios i have set to AUTO except for FSB, RAM ratio, and pci lock @ 33mhz. Ok i can get into windows on stock voltage all the way up to 255 ( 3825mhz) and run stress' for hours with no lockups. However i am a avid warcraft 3 player and when i get into that game i crash sometimes 1 hour later or 10 mins later with the message "referenced memory could not be read". This thing has never ran over 50C while in war3 and i have saw it get to 56-58C while running pro coder, prime, ETC. I went back and raised voltage on the CPU and still get this error. So right now i'm sitting on 240 with ram at 5/4 which puts it @ 400mhz and CPU @ 3600. I'm trying to figure out if my chip will just not run that fast (which sucks was wanting at least 3800 on stock voltage) or that the memory is causing the problem. I have no problems except for the crashing i encounter in War3. Any suggestions? thx

Last edited:
Back