• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp monitoring on Radeon 9200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aintnospam

I have a Gigabyte 9200 AGP on my PC. At the moment, there's no way for me to see the temp this baby's giving off. Is there any way to activate the temp sensor through the card's BIOS or something similar (like how the geforce 6600gt can be modified)?

The 9200 doesn't have a core like on a Radeon 9500+ or FX5900 (don't know about lower NV cards). It has a little metal heatspreader surrounded by plastic, so getting a probe near enough to be accurate, and not pry the heatsink off of the card would be pretty difficult. I'd suggest just feeling the back of the card, right behind the core. If its warm, good. If its hot, not good.

I have a Gigabyte R9200 also; but mine came with this program that allows you to see how hot your is running. Go to the Gigabyte site and search the downloads section for either Vtuner or a program that gives you heat info. on your Vidcard.

Back