• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help deciding a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EaH

Registered
im not sure what to get.. i currently bought a antec slk3700-bqe for $47 after rebates the other day..(but i can still return it. i didnt do the rebate yet) and i see that zipzoomfly is selling the antec p160 for $75 after rebates. imo the p160 looks way better, has nifty temp reading on the case itself, and supposedly has better airflow than the 3700-bqe, BUT its not as "silent" b/c the front allows more noise to escape. also, it doesnt come with a PSU(so i'll have to fork out more $, however i will be able to buy a more powerful psu instead) like the BQE has (although its only a quiet 350W) and its more expensive.
im in the process of selling my old setup plan and start a new project altogether.
i hope to get:
dfi nf4 board, <dunno which yet. still need to do some more research
xp-90 cpu cooler
amd 64 3000 or 3200+ socket 939 <still shopping for best price
6800GT
1 gig ram <still shopping for
2 pata HD's

anyone got any recommendation? i hope to not spend more than $100 total for the case/PSU. so more $ for other parts hhaha.
oh, and having a quiet PC is top priority on my list too. if that changes anything.

thanks in advance ;]

hmm, actually.. been doing some more research. i think im gonna return my BQE and try to find a slk3000b... unless i come across something else good ;]

thanks for the input :] since the time i created this thread, i actually have changed my mind.. AGAIN. haha. i been looking into the p160, p180, and the CM stacker. however price IS an issue.. so im not sure anymore. but i'll def look into the gigabyte aurora

Well for PSU, you will need to shell out at least $80+ if you are planning on running DFi nf4 and NV 6800GT, maybe you want to look at forton 500w psu

Yeah psu's that come with the case are notorious for being terrible. Spend the money and get something good.

do u guys kno which is quieter? the p180 or CM stacker?
im leaning toward the p180 for the price($118 shipped) and sound deadening materials, but the stacker can fit 3 120mm fans in the front :p when i saw this i was SOLD lol

Back