• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best laptop for under $1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Des1017 said:
whats the best laptop you can find for under $1000?

When price is an issue, its usually a good idea to look towards Dell.. especially when you can catch the coupons right and get some great savings...

You didn't list any requirements.. best for gaming under 1000? Probably a desktop sitting on your lap :-] Best for battery? I see the ThinkPads have super long life estimates.. Best for media stuff? Don't the Acers have that fancy "play dvd's when its not quite on" thing? Thats pretty cool..

The BEST? Well, for me, the best laptop under $1000 was the $300 used ThinkPad T22 I got on ebay - Why? Its small enough, portable enough, and powerful enough to do exactly what I need.. sit in my dorm and do homework / read the forums.. and it only cost $311 :-]

perfectturmoil said:
The BEST? Well, for me, the best laptop under $1000 was the $300 used ThinkPad T22 I got on ebay - Why? Its small enough, portable enough, and powerful enough to do exactly what I need.. sit in my dorm and do homework / read the forums.. and it only cost $311 :-]

The best sub 1000 lappy?

3 T20-22 lappies, and a $100 bill. :D

Turmoil, you got a goodie!

steve

Back