• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases with built-in wc setups?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaoticdonkey

Registered
Are there any cases with built-in watercooling that would be worth my time? Would I gain any significant amount of performance by just getting a case and modding it myself? I love the idea of watercooling, but I'd be afraid that I'd screw my computer up.

It's recommended that you watercool with custom parts, as you can get better parts than you would with any kit. If you're building a new system or would consider buying a new case, buy a case suited for watercooling. There are plenty of threads on this forum about such things. Just have a look at the cooling sections.

Watercooling is relatively safe, so long as you use common sense. By that I mean, make sure all your hoses and connectors are the same sizes. Buy proven parts and take your time putting it all together and you'll be fine.

There are tons of ready to order setups on the net, some are stores that do in-house modifications, like Frozen CPU custom watercooled PCs.

Check out 'Bucky Edition' on FrozenCPU for $500, wow.
cas-313.jpg

Alternatively, there are manufacture created options like Thermaltake Tai Chi
http://thermaltake.com/xaserCase/taichi/vb5001sna/vb5001sna.htm

Koolance
pc3-720sl_p1.jpg

Plus there are some kits that let you keep your case and install them externally, such as the Zalman Reserator.

But nothing beats a custom built rig...like mine :D
P8120080.jpg

Oh, my goodness!? That second one is the sexiest case I have ever seen. I've gotta find a place to buy it.

Back