• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case is coming:D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Well finally got the funds together and took the plunge for the monster, got a U2- UFO case coming, holy crap not cheap just to fill all the 120mm fan holes( 9) but I should finally have some case air flow, and since I am on vacation this week I should be able to swap things over to it:D

-Milkman

Milkman said:
Well finally got the funds together and took the plunge for the monster, got a U2- UFO case coming, holy crap not cheap just to fill all the 120mm fan holes( 9) but I should finally have some case air flow, and since I am on vacation this week I should be able to swap things over to it:D

-Milkman
Where in NH is that? I was just going to come over and help "clean up" the room while you're gone so you will be ready for your new build.:)
Seriously, good luck with it and have a great vacation. I'll "watch" your place till you get back. :bday:

Keene, NH we got hit pretty hard with that flooding, nothing like New Orleans but alot of major roads are wasted:( we lost alot of very old stone arch bridges and a few houses, only three deaths reported thus far but more missing, well anyway my house was ok and everyone is safe so that's what matters, yeah can't wait for the bigrig to come, than it's play time:D

-Milkman

That is a very cool case! I've seen them, and always liked them. They have "case modder" written all over them. They have alot of room, and all that air flowing is a good thing. Even if one had water cooling those case fans help to keep the mosfets and other mobo electronics cool.

I don't think you could get more air through there unless you stuck a A/C unit in the side of it! LOL

That cube design is neat too. It's cool looking, and there are so mnay things you can mod into it.

Hope you enjoy it. It's going to be alot of fun putting that stuf together on that. :)

Well it's up and running, still waiting on the Semi load of fans to fill all the holes but water is leak tested and bled and it's running sweet and loving it's new home:D

-Milkman

Milkman, I have the older version of that case, I see now there are thumbscrews on the top of the top as well, mine doesn't have those. Is the top still a one piece clamshell or is it now 3 seperate pieces?

Now, that is a set up!!!
LOL... and i thought the lian-li pc65-b was expensive.

What set up are you using for the watter cooling?
I'm gona hope you took advantage of the 3x120mm holes on the one side, so few cases give you that option so readily out of the box... or with sich little modding :drool:

nikhsub1 said:
Milkman, I have the older version of that case, I see now there are thumbscrews on the top of the top as well, mine doesn't have those. Is the top still a one piece clamshell or is it now 3 seperate pieces?
It is 3 seperate pieces, sure made getting to everything sweet, as far as the radiator goes I am still using my Dtek pro core with 2 shrouds and Evercools push/pull I am sucking through the core from the 120mm intake under the drive rack,right now temps are sweet I have never seen these 6600gt's idle so low 55c, they usually idle in the 60's and Cpu is idling at 29c right now, will get better load temp readings later, considering it has 9 120mm fans it's very quiet.

Milkman said:
It is 3 seperate pieces, sure made getting to everything sweet,
/me grumbles in the corner.... now I have to get a new case :( the clamshell top is a bore, must have seperate pieces.

Back