• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one use the IWILL BD133u for your tualatin. Supposedly it has a 1/5 pci divider.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ol' man

Any one use the IWILL BD133u for your tualatin. Supposedly it has a 1/5 pci divider.

?

I would love this for my tualatin rig as my 1.2 will do 166fsb easily.

Also the IWILL BD133u allows 1.825vcore if you really wanted to push you chip to the limit. May be interesting with this new celery as it may need 1.75 to hit 1600MHz. That is my goal anyway. I am also going to sand the top of the IHS off it leaving the side ring similar to a shim so I won't run the risk of crushing the small fragile core but allowing better heat transfer to one of these new Cu HS's.

I run my tualatin at 1.2GHz for now and the vcore is at 1.3v. I run all fans in this system at 7v too so you can imagine how quite it is. I want a board with a 1/5 divider. I was talking to a supplier of Turbo pLL's but I think he wanted $250 to $300 for them.

Some have hit 180+MHz fsb with this mobo. That is why I am suspecting it has a 1/5 divider whne it hits 166fsb, simialr to Epox 8k7a. I don't think it is a setting but I think it is automatic, I hope anyway.

Hey ol' man,
Where ya seeing peeps hitting 180 fsb with this board?
I been checkin' around, and it seems it only goes up to 150 fsb.
Where can I get some of this info ??

Here it is.

http://www.accelenation.com/?doc=49

They hit 1650 but not stable with this board. They used a 1200MHz like I have. To me that equated to a 183MHz fsb. I figured with my experience that 180MHz fsb should have been relatively stable since on my machine 1 or 2 MHz fsb is the difference between total crash and totally stable. For instance I can hit 168MHz fsb with my board but not 169. 169fsb will crash it right away booting windows but 168 will run all day long. PCI is high though even at 166fsb so idon't usually run it at 166fsb. With the IWILL I would if it had a 1/5 divider.

I'd say it must utilize a 1/5 divider, otherwise Kevin would have mentioned running pci @ 41 MHz as a deffinite drawback.
A while back, I was checkin' into getting this board but have since picked up a 1 GHz T-Bird AYHJA so now I'm shopping for a good home of the DDR flavor for her :)

Oh yeah. I mentioned in another thread you'd replied to that the nick looked like HWC :)

Last edited:
Back