• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec P180

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

Anyone have this case? I was looking at it and I'm really interested in getting it, but I have read on several sites that routing cables are a major problem with this case.

If you do have this case do you like it? Pros/Cons?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Yes the cable routing is a little bit more demanding. I had to get extenders for 24 pin motherboard connector, and cpu 4 pin power. I had quite a mess inside, and still do lol. I've read where people keep breaking the plastic tabs removing the case sides, but I have had mine off numerous times and no problem ( just be carefull).
Overall a nice case for the money. Go to Newegg and read the 90+ reviews, lots of info.

the only advice I have is to not get it if you are going to consider watercooling.

I currently have it, and I love it, but I will be watercooling here sometime soon and am going to have one hell of a time trying to get it to all fit in there right.

im getting this case soon i think it looks like a good case as for watercooling i get that this week tho i still need the case, cpu, motherboard and gfx card lol i'll buy them soon ;)

I have one but am not going to WC it, simply for the fact that if it ever springs a leak then it's going allllll over my PSU.

And I don't want that.

it really won't be a good case for watercooling, that is your warning. do a search for it, and also ask the guys in the watercooling section, you will pretty much hear what I am telling you. Without some heavy modding it won't be too easy.

Janus67 said:
it really won't be a good case for watercooling, that is your warning. do a search for it, and also ask the guys in the watercooling section, you will pretty much hear what I am telling you. Without some heavy modding it won't be too easy.
Wrong single 120mm radiator solution can be installed in the case, just requires a bit of imagination. If dual radiator is required it can be installed out side of the case. All comes how skillful and creative is one.

I just received my P180 today. It is very well built. As for the plastic tabs, the plastic seems to be of good quality AND if you've ever used another Antec case, you will be familiar with taking on and off the side covers. For me it was a piece of cake.

The only problem I have with it is that it's pretty cramped inside and the wires seem to have no where to go.

I do have one question for other owners: Where are the Power and Hard Drive indicator LEDs. There are connectors for them, but I don't see any lights anywhere. I must be going blind.

Back