• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why an 850xt over a 800xl?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

These are the two major cards being offered on the epp from ati. Currently the 850xt is about $60 more than the 800xl. Is there major difference in these cards to pay the $60 more?

The most powerful card offered at discount is the 850xt so no crossfire or etc, so im limited to these 2. Which do you reccomend?

800xl 256mb = $179.40

x850 xt 256mb = 239.40

WTF... Where do you see an x850xt for $239.40?

What games are you gonna play?

Its an EPP offered from ATI for its employee's and associates. Im a BF2 freak and i love HL2 and Now Fear has won me over :D

EPP? You're an employee?

Well, what resolution do you play with? What monitor do you have? Do you play with vsync on or vsync off? Most people will say to just buy the XT, but give me some info and I can steer you in the right direction. I've played with both mid-grade and high-grade cards on the Source Engine (HL2, CS:S, not FEAR tho).

Definitely x850 xt 256mb = 239.40....

x800XL's are not a bad card but x850XT is better. And for the hit or miss the x800XL's seem to have as far as overclockability, I'd go for the x850XT.

They just perform better, resale value will be better, it's all around a better buy for a small jump in price.

I like my 850xt pe...Its pretty damn nice man. I just would recommend switching the fan out for something else...that sideway rotor fan thing is annoying and sounds just horrid.

beau_safken said:
I like my 850xt pe...Its pretty damn nice man. I just would recommend switching the fan out for something else...that sideway rotor fan thing is annoying and sounds just horrid.
I agree, 100%... definitely the fans are annoying.

Back