• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Intel, temperature question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The-Anomaly

Registered
Well, just yesterday my new motherboard/proc arrived, and it's the first Intel system I've owned (all others were AMD simply because I already had AMD motherboards, but I got a good deal on this stuff). Since cooling is always a big issue with overclocking, and I imagine the max heat load on an intel is different than an AMD in general, what idle/load temps for Intels are ideal? (Celeron D 340, to be exact)

The-Anomaly said:
Well, just yesterday my new motherboard/proc arrived, and it's the first Intel system I've owned (all others were AMD simply because I already had AMD motherboards, but I got a good deal on this stuff). Since cooling is always a big issue with overclocking, and I imagine the max heat load on an intel is different than an AMD in general, what idle/load temps for Intels are ideal? (Celeron D 340, to be exact)

Anything below 0C is ideal, but that takes phase change to do.

Slightly less than ideal would be less than 50C load, and idle around 40 or so, but the OC is gonna raise the heat. How hot it gets depends on high you're gonna run it.

You'll get alot of answers to this one, but I would try to keep loads below 50C, and 60C load maximum when OC'ing. Idle, you really won't have an issue if you do that.

Are you gonna use Air? Water?

I assume one of the two, becasue if you're going with phase there won't be any heat as you'll be below zero anyway. :)

I'll probably be going air just because water is so much more expensive, and I already have all the fans i'll ever need, except for that 120mm slot that currently has a 80mm in it

currently my load temp is in the low 40s, but i've only started to overclock, so i imagine it will definitely rise

Back