• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit VH6 question/problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mw521

A quick question, I have an abit VH6 mboard. Running a PIII 800 @ 900 w/ aircooling only. FSB 150/1/4 all she's got. Temps running 27 to 30C depending on room temp (about 26 to 27 right now- upstairs w/window and ceiling fan going) Usually about 27C and stable. 130 cfm fan in and 100 out w/ps fan and 60mm in top.
Thermalright sk6 w/51 cfm fan. (you could vacuum the carpet with this thing!) My USB optical mouse (microsoft intellimouse) will not run w/this FSB speed. Gotta go back to good ol ball mouse to get mouse capabilities. Any suggestions?:eek:

first time ive heard of a mouse going south from high FSB, well as you may know some things just cant handle out of spec speeds i'm running a Logitech optical wireless at 172 FSB with no problems. You may want to get away from a USB mouse if you want to overclock unless someone else has a better idea.

Have had probs before with usb on this board w/dsl modem, think usb drivers for this version are not too good.

Well solved the mouse problem, had an older optical mouse so I bought a new msoft optical with an adapter for ps/2 use as well. However, this one works on usb bus! Kinda strange but it solved the problem.:D

Back