• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my 3.2e Dying??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barnz0432

I have had my 3.2e Prescott for about 2-3 years

It has been a good overclocker and has ran well.

I have had it @ 3.8ghz @ 1.55v for about 8 months it had been @ 3.5 for a year or so before that.

I have recently been getting artifacts in some of my games...Call of Duty 2 and F.E.A.R for example.

My Nvidia geforce 6800u was overclocked also it was at 464core 1120memory

I dropped my card to stock settings the artifacting lessened, but still continues.

Is this a sign the my processor is finally coming to its end. I had gotten warm on me a few times 80c when my waterpumps seemingly didn't startup. :shrug:

Any suggestions to this would be good. If it is dying then It gives me a little more of a reason to get on building my new system sooner.

Ok...I have tried a few differnt combos trying to get the artifacts to go away!

1st I tried dropping the card to stock = No Success

2nd I tried dropping everything to stock = No Success

3rd I tried having the processor stock and the card underclocked = No Success

4th I tried the CPU @ 3.8ghz and the card at Optimal 465/1185 = Success

I don't understand having the card clocked higher then before the artifacts go away it seems quite weird. I get very very very few, but it will get me by until I get my new system built.

Any Ideas why this might be that when its clocked higher the artifacts disappear?

Thanks

Set everthing up @ stock except ur cpu OC, Run 2 instances of prime large FFT for 20-30 hrs. If everything is fine, its not ur cpu or your chipset.

After much thinking I think my cpu is fine. I havent had any random restarts ect..

I have been tinkering with my videocard and when I adjusted the clocks from 460 core/1120 memory on my 6800u to 465 core/1185 memory the artifacts went away. :shrug:
Temps are in the low to mid 40s with my card.
My cpu is in the mid 30s for temps.

Most of the time, artifacts in games will GFX card related somehow. To a lesser extent it could possibly a motherboard or powersupply issue but I highly doubt CPU.

OK....Its been a few weeks since I last posted about my processor. I had to rma my graphics card. And now I really think that my cpu is dying now! I am getting random restarts and temps are climbing up more then usual. Im getting mid to upper 50s for temps now and its usually in the upper 30s and low 40s. I am getting Very High PWM temps also The temps are down some are down some now with 2 80mm delta fans on the fets, but they are still in the low 50s at times they were in the upper 60s. I have the fets sinked so that helps. Im starting to worry that its going downhill fast! I am now at COMEPLETLY stock settings to see if that my help solve my issues. I hope I can get my temps down.

Any suggestions??

After Having everything at stock for some time I checked the temps. I am getting the same temps @ stock as I used to when I had it overclocked to 3.8ghz with 1.55v on the core!! To me that seems kinda strange.

eeek, make sure your cooling it right, 80C is enough to burn a processor good. SNDS? I would definatly run some stability tests to check the processor out.

Now @ stock temps are mid to upper 40s for the processor and mid 40s for the PWM. But its wierd that Im getting the same temps @ stock (3.2ghz 1.38core) that I was getting when I used to have it Overclocked to 3.8 with 1.55core!!!

I even know that the temps should go down as the voltage goes down!!!

Back