• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yes, more 661 results.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Hey all, finally got my chip today! :santa:

Here's the chip. And just for the record, my IHS was pretty flat, i know Surfrat had trouble with his.
picture0010ao.jpg

Here's a screenshot @ stock, very low temps so far, i'm pretty impressed.
stock2ak.jpg

And a liitle benching @4.7GHz. I had to bump the voltage up to 1.387 to get it stable. I got to about 4.4GHz stable with stock Vcore. Right now at 4.7GHz my idle temps are 27°c and load i hit about 44°c. I haven't had too much time to play with this yet but a quick setup and benching it looks like a might hit my 5GHz mark. (I hope)
1bench7gb.jpg

Going to run prime while i eat some supper and take a shower.

Last edited:
Well, i'm at 4.9GHz but i had to give it 1.462V to get there!!! :eek: My idle temps at this speed is 32°c and jumps to a WHOPPING 53°c. The temps really take off with little cpu usage. I might be able to get a suicide screen shot of 5GHz but no way in hell i'm going to be stable with air cooling. Very nice chip though, extremely responsive!
49227rl.jpg

jmsandrsn said:
It appears that it is air cooling but not the stock Intel cooler.

It's the XP-120 in my sig. :) I'm running this with my fan at 7V, i'm going to try it at 12V now and see if my temps get better.

Here's my 5GHz suicide screenie........ Definitely not stable, hard reboot while running superPI.

50006lw.jpg

wow, impressive results!

do you live in a cold climate? if so jam it up against a cold open window, and lets see some 5ghz superpi!

dylskee. What are your idle temps @ 5GHz and maybe monitor the temp a SPI runs. Wonder how high it gets before reboots

hUMANbEATbOX said:
wow, impressive results!

do you live in a cold climate? if so jam it up against a cold open window, and lets see some 5ghz superpi!
Thanks man. :) Actually i live in New England but the temps are pretty warm today. My computer is in the basement also so it's pretty cold down here when it's cold outside. I have it running at 4.4GHz and 1.325V and my idle temps are 25°c and my load temps are 50°c. I tried running my Delta @12V but the temps didn't change much. Man i forgot how loud this fan is at 220CFM!!!! :eh?:

proth said:
dylskee. What are your idle temps @ 5GHz and maybe monitor the temp a SPI runs. Wonder how high it gets before reboots
I briefly saw 50 something but it rebooted after the 5th loop so i didn't really see what the actual temps were. I couldn't boot into windows at 5GHz, i had to go back to about 4.7GHz then use AIBooster to get back there. I'm going to burn this in at 4.5GHz overnight and try some more tomorrow.

dylskee said:
I briefly saw 50 something but it rebooted after the 5th loop so i didn't really see what the actual temps were. I couldn't boot into windows at 5GHz, i had to go back to about 4.7GHz then use AIBooster to get back there. I'm going to burn this in at 4.5GHz overnight and try some more tomorrow.

Hmm... doesn't sound like a thermal problem, maybe that OCZ 520 or ram.?... Not familiar with the Pqi.... I'm sure you'll figure it out

Great clocks so far.. :cool:

I'm trying to find my absolute stable overclock and so far i'm up to 4.6GHz with 1.437 Vcore prime stable. My idle temps are 27c and load it gets up to 56c. I'm running prime overnight and if all goes well i'll try more FSB.

I started my vcore at 1.387 but it failed after 1 minute of prime. I had to go to 1.437V and so far it looks good. I'm hoping for about 4.8GHz with my current voltage.

Wow, your temps are amazing, but wow it took a lot of volts to get it stable for that 1ghz OC.

Not saying that it is not a nice overclock, but my 651 hit 4.48 stable at only 1.325 volts. Granted I can fry my breakfast on mine :) If I had your temps I would be curious to know how many volts mine would take from the move from 4.5 to 4.6.

Regardless, keep crankin on it, lets she what she can do!

Yep, mine took the full 1.55Vc to be PCMark04 stable @ 5GHz and temps take off right around that area, so keep an eye on them.

If you have Hyperpath3 on AUTO, disable it. I usually have mine off, but was playing with slower mem + SPi, forgot to disable it when I upped the clocks and everything was pretty irritated by it ;)

Back