• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cyrix_2k said:
I see they've changed it since Beta One. Personally, I'm happy with Office 12 Beta One so I'm going to pass on this one.

I agree with you, Beta 1 looked better IMO.

Nice I definatly like the overhaul to the interface. While I dont use word ALOT, I do use excel quiet frequently and hopfully work will upgrade the computers to use this when it comes out.

Only downside that I can see, just moving the cursor over the buttons can max out my CPU (XP 2600+ not OC'ed) with little effort. Now that must be a first a word application maxing out the CPU :)

Also doesn't seem to use alot of memory. Excel is under 14megs loaded, word is around 26megs, powerpoint just a touch over 20megs. And a key thing I don't know but with Office 10 I think (think its the most rescent office release) it would always keep winword open even after you closed it chewing up memory, its fixed :) Unless I have some sort of bug in my other word.

Edit: LOL Found something funny for System Requirements...
For running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Beta-2 with Business Contact Manager, a PC is recommend with a processor 1 GHz and 512 KB of RAM or higher.

Last edited:
deathman20 said:
Edit: LOL Found something funny for System Requirements...
For running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Beta-2 with Business Contact Manager, a PC is recommend with a processor 1 GHz and 512 KB of RAM or higher.
Gotta love the awesome memory management for this. :p

Power of both
untitled1fc.png

Alright trying the BETA of it and it looks nice and very colourful (wonder if I can change my Office XP 02 to look like that). Anyways 1 question I would like to ask is.

WOULD YOU BUY THE FINISHED PRODUCT?

IMO, Word and Outlook are greatly improved. Much better inerfaces and some nice new features.

As long as this beta works, I'll be using it.

Back