• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD burning program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

What are your recommendations for DVD burning programs? I am about to get a DVD burner, so it's time to really look into this.

I want to know what the best free programs are, and then the best on to buy.

I am looking to copy DVDs (notice, I didn't say copyrighted DVDs), make my own, etc.

I want a couple free progs, and then maybe one I'll pay for so that I have all possible bases covered.

I remember a while back that DVDXCopy was a sweet program, and had a few friends that used it. I know the company (321 studios I think) went out of business.

What is there equivelant nowadays?

When you purchase a burner, it will more than likely come with a program. Unless you need something extra, just use that program. (Usually Nero for the drives I've been buying)

I use dvd decrypter or DVD Fab along with DVD Shrink for making dvd backups. It's the ole' standard for making backups, although there are a lot of other programs out there. (fyi- dvd decrypter and dvd shrink are no longer being updated...but dvd fab is)

Nero is worth buying if it doesn't come with the burner, not sure if I'd by the $99 version though. (I know I wouldn't cause I wouldn't use all the extra features) Only free burning utility I know or use is CDBurnerXP Pro: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

If you don't get Nero with your burner which is usually strange cause it's the nowadays standard with every burner. But if you have to buy it I would get Nero 6 it's stable and a lot better than what people have been experiancing with Nero 7 some people it's alright with some it ain't. But the latest patch for N7 might have fixed a few more bugs in it if you call it a patch I've never seen a patch for a program to be 180mb+ in size before.

Bios24 said:
When you purchase a burner, it will more than likely come with a program. Unless you need something extra, just use that program. (Usually Nero for the drives I've been buying)

I use dvd decrypter or DVD Fab along with DVD Shrink for making dvd backups. It's the ole' standard for making backups, although there are a lot of other programs out there. (fyi- dvd decrypter and dvd shrink are no longer being updated...but dvd fab is)

Nero is worth buying if it doesn't come with the burner, not sure if I'd by the $99 version though. (I know I wouldn't cause I wouldn't use all the extra features) Only free burning utility I know or use is CDBurnerXP Pro: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

You will probably get nero. I use that for almost everything. Making and editing home movies and all other burning needs.

For backing up those 'hard to burn' movies, I too use dvd shrink. I like it cause it integrates well with nero when it's time to burn.

Brando said:
Can this program burn dvd's? As far as I can tell it only burns to CD.

at the top of the homepage it states :-
Infra Recorder is a free CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows. It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.

UnseenMenace said:
at the top of the homepage it states :-
Sorry. I just downloaded it and started messing around without reading. I don't see the option to burn to dvd, just cd. I'll check again later.

Back