• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 rev 3.3 Problems ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Buddy is just about to pull the triger but saw bad reviews on the MB saying they are IDE flaky and killing dvd drive any truth to these ?

It does not kill drives its the raid driver. eventually i ditched my ds3 for a dq6 and it still sucked. i ended up with an 680 i. the raid drivers screw up the ide ports so that dvd burners can only read but not write. so yes the ide is flaky

well i didnt know that...

i just installed to raid on a ds3 last nite, everything went smoothly.. everything seems stable.. i used the new raid drivers off gigabytes site.. .cd drive works fine.. alltho i havent tryed burning anything yet... im kinda scared to now..:rolleyes:

jordon said:
well i didnt know that...

i just installed to raid on a ds3 last nite, everything went smoothly.. everything seems stable.. i used the new raid drivers off gigabytes site.. .cd drive works fine.. alltho i havent tryed burning anything yet... im kinda scared to now..:rolleyes:
its flaky run and hide. chunk a grenade in the direction of your ds3.:)

FWIW, I am using a sata DVD burner and an IDE hard drive (no raid) on my DS3 rev3.3 and everything works as it should. Burns and reads DVDs perfectly.

i still havent burned anything yet.... ugggh dont really want to , im using micron raid and ide lol.. but i got the newest drivers they have to of fixed it with the amount of these boards there selling.

beazty327 said:
FWIW, I am using a sata DVD burner and an IDE hard drive (no raid) on my DS3 rev3.3 and everything works as it should. Burns and reads DVDs perfectly.
IDE BURNER. is what is affected. sata probly not...:bang head

xtreme_ego said:
IDE BURNER. is what is affected. sata probly not...:bang head

Hmm, I'm using a Samsung SH-182D (IDE Burner) on a DS3 Rev 1.0 and it reads and burns perfectly. Only problem with the board is that the chipset overheats because I have no air flowing around it.

Back