• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 + P5K Deluxe - CoreTemp Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iceage

I'm running the setup in my sig below. I dowloaded and tried to run CoreTemp with this setup, but every time I run it the rig reboots. No BSOD or the like, just black screen and POST. Any ideas?

I downloaded Speedfan in the interim. Does anyone have an opinion as to if the delta T that displays is correct? I know the absolute temps aren't correct, but if the change in temp is correct I can get some reasonable ideas as to the CPU temps.

Make sure you use this beta version of CoreTemp. I was having the same issue, and thought I had the beta version, but when I checked it it was the slightly older version.

can always get intel's TAT - thermal analyzing tool..........intel already has their own diode inside many of their chips and this reads better than anything else available.........however, i haven't found a way to stress all four chips with this tool, only two but it does read all four chips in the running log.......some people think it doesn't work because other programs read ~10 C lower but i think its prolly right...........

can always get intel's TAT - thermal analyzing tool..........intel already has their own diode inside many of their chips and this reads better than anything else available.........however, i haven't found a way to stress all four chips with this tool, only two but it does read all four chips in the running log.......some people think it doesn't work because other programs read ~10 C lower but i think its prolly right...........

TAT reads right it, corelates with Coretemp beta and PC wizard, I run all 3 tools and they all report the same core temps

Glad the Beta coretemp worked for you.

TAT actually shows several degrees lower on each core for me. So I'll stick with whatever reads higher as a safety margine.

Back