• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6850 temps are too low.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UglyChild

I just got this chip the other day. I havent OC'ed it much, havent had the time to play with it.

But compared to my E6600 chip, at the same FSB of 360, the E6850 runs 11c cooler at idle. And 12c cooler at load.

As you can see from the pic, i dont think thats even possible. Cause at this very moment, my room temp is exactly 25c.

Should i add 10c to the actual temperature? Any one know whats going on?

6850tempshp1.jpg

Edit:

Dang it. nvm. I just dl'ed Core Temp 0.95.4 and it gives me the reading of 35/34c of my CPU at idle. So thats about right now.

Sorry, i couldnt delete the post.

Maybe the sensor isn't reading right. not sure how to check that. Does the sensor touch the chip?

That reading is never accurate for absolute temp, try enable the "Show Delta to Tjunction Temp" at the coretemp setting, it will shows you the "remaining" temp until max Tjunction temp, aka throttling temp set by Intel at factory.

If you're not OC-ing it yet, are you sure your delta temp load-idle is only about 1 degrees celcius ?
What cooling gear are you using ?

-

Still the delta temp which is quite accurate on load - idle is still very low ?

UglyChild, mind clarify this ?

-

Sorry guys, false alarm. The CoreTemp 0.95.4 reads the temps corectly now on the G0 CPU, at idle and at load.

Asus needs to get their act together and update the Bios and/or the PC Probe.

Im using Zalman 9500 for cooling.

6850temps1pl1.jpg

Last edited:
Back