• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using my laptop as a monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

So my laptop has an s video port, and the cord it came with is a male s video to a female RCA. On the s video part is has arrows pointing both ways, input and output right?

So i have a ps2 rca cord plugged into the cord, into the laptop. How do I use my laptop screen as a monitor? (f3j-p)

it has an ati x1700 and the catalyst software

Nope I highly doubt it. Anyone I have seen is S-video out only. Does it have a tuner?

i have no idea, im just basing this all off the cord that has an arrow pointing in and out, lol

You cannot do it like that. There are ways to use the LCD screen as a monitor for another computer but that requires taking it apart and doing some soldering IIRC. You'll have to look up converting laptop to monitor.

i know theres a program that you can run on ur laptop that will make it seem to like your main rig as a second monitor and uses the intranet to make the picture on ur lappy... sorta like remote desktop..

But the way your describing i will bet my computer in sig that thats not an input svideo port... only out.

ATI has software that can capture from S-Video. It is kind of like a media player for your incomming video, you can record it too. I forget the name though but I used it with my X850.

if it would work you would still have a problem as it would lage possibly 2 seconds or so behind your game... you could check with ati and see if you can do it but i doubt it

I have a cord like that, it means it means you can have data flow either direction through the cable, not that your computer will take it in.

Back