• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

warm ? eVGA 8800 ultra $560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My mother thinking like that is why I had a voodoo3 and less than 256mb of ram until 2001. Ultimately it's flawed logic.

haha after I play the crysis demo with my gts 320, i think that will decide if I buy a ultra or not !

I will say one thing, if I do someone is gonna get a hell of a deal on my 320 gts

lol rattle, what did it go, something like this?
-x1900
-8800GTX
-8800GTS
-8800GTX
-no power rig? not sure..
-8800GTS
-8800 Ultra (maybe)

Damn dude, just decide already! :p

Last edited:
haha after I play the crysis demo with my gts 320, i think that will decide if I buy a ultra or not !

I will say one thing, if I do someone is gonna get a hell of a deal on my 320 gts

$100? Where do you want me to send the money...

lol rattle, what did it go, something like this?
-x1900
-8800GTX
-8800GTS
-8800GTX
-no power rig? not sure..
-8800GTS
-8800 Ultra (maybe)

Damn dude, just decide already! :p
it was two x1900xt's before that was two 7800gtx's with a 7800gt in between.

I love gfx cards lol

I wasn't trying to list the entire history, just the 8-series.

[deep movie guy voice] Rattle: one man, 6 months, 6 video cards...you do the math! [/movie guy voice]

have you guys looked at the 2900pro 1gb?? it seems to be getting good reviews from the ppl @ newegg... i read newegg reviews - sometimes it affects what i think and sometimes it doesn't, but in any case it's got a good start.... even the 2900pro 512mb has a good start... ~$265 shipped is a deal!

I think this is a good idea. People hyped up Bioshock as being the PC killer and well.... it wasn't and still looked great. Maybe Crysis won't be quite as intense as everyone is making it out to be. Always better to wait and see.... it's not like they're going up in price :D

have you guys looked at the 2900pro 1gb?? it seems to be getting good reviews from the ppl @ newegg... i read newegg reviews - sometimes it affects what i think and sometimes it doesn't, but in any case it's got a good start.... even the 2900pro 512mb has a good start... ~$265 shipped is a deal!

the 2900's are dead in the water with AA though buddy, i can get the same frames or better with this 320 gts.

to the rest here about my remarks with crysis and my gts, it handled it fairly well at my native res without AA, to be honest the only part of the game that looked really sweet was the water.

the 2900's are dead in the water with AA though buddy, i can get the same frames or better with this 320 gts.

to the rest here about my remarks with crysis and my gts, it handled it fairly well at my native res without AA, to be honest the only part of the game that looked really sweet was the water.

ya i've heard about AA and all... no clue about how the 2900pro does, but man i'd HATE to have AA off...

in any case, i've got my 8800gtx and will have the EK full WB and fuzion cpu block in this week, as well as Bioshock... so hopefully i get this all together this weekend!! I'm so eager...

I dunno doesnt look like I will be buying any hardware anytime soon, my string of bad luck seems to never end here latley.

The 1gb 2900pro does look intersting to say the least, I still wonder if it does AA any better than the 512 parts do.

From everyplace on the net its basically the same card as the xt, too bad all the people that bought xt's got ripped off lmao. x1800/x1900 anyone ?
Anyway I dont see many reviews of the 1gb parts vs's the 512's

2900s? You mean ati's latest cards that got lost in the mail for 6 months too long?

:)

Back