• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

warm ? eVGA 8800 ultra $560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Slowly take your cursor off the Add to Bag button and step away from your computer!!!!!

you can get gtx's for 475ish these days

i paid $520 for a new gtx in the past

yes its worth it if you look at it this way

I think you should stick with your 8800GTS. I'm still loving mine, and it has yet to see a game that actually slows it down (except Lost Planet, but who cares about Lost Planet??). And I'm currently running it at stock clocks :eek:

Crysis will slow it down :( a lot :(
I'm considering it frankly.
What is a e-GeForce? Is that just a regular nVidia card? What kind of warranty do they have?
Edit: Oh jeez, this an evga? What is there to think about D: Although I read the MSI OC better, they are not as cheap as this, even after rebate. I need money...

same as gforce evga has lifetime warranty for original purchaser if registered online otherwise its a 3 year that can be carried over with reciept to second owner i believe.

Man seriously this deal is making me salivate D:
If I sell my 320 for like $250~, that means I need like 300 more :( Time to break open the piggy bank.
Edit: After some research the difference between a GTX and an Ultra is not that big it seems.

Last edited:
This is tempting as an upgrade from the previous generation, but I also don't have the power for this puppy. Also, I don't think I'd fit in my freaking case. Seriously. If you feel like a free internet cookie, look up the dimentions of this card and the Antec SLK300B, see if it can fit in the space between the backwall of the case and the drive cage in front.

Man seriously this deal is making me salivate D:
If I sell my 320 for like $250~, that means I need like 300 more :( Time to break open the piggy bank.
Edit: After some research the difference between a GTX and an Ultra is not that big it seems.

well most gtx will oc to close to a ultra out of the box, but the ultras OC awesome.

this is a decent deal for an ultra, if you're shopping for an ultra... but the performance increase from a GTS or GTX to an ultra for the price difference is not as proportional. (just an opinion)...

but... if you're comparing this $560 price to the $500-530 price tag of a GTX, it's def a better buy to get the ultra! :)

indeed
I find so many good deals in the classies too

if i told you that i broke 40,000 points on just ONE of my five credit cards (and one debit) in less than 18 months would you believe me? that's what slickdeals, fatwallet, and cyberdeals here did to me...

Hm $30 more than a GTX..would it be worth it? :p LOL...ships in 5 to 7 days...but next day shipping is $11....darn they dont use paypal so nope =l

good thing i'm too broke to fork over the cash cause i could do in store pickup, only live 20 min away.

Back