• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP dv4000 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
hey guys,
its been a while since ive been here and done any ocing,but its always in my blood.
i inherited this dv4000 and its way slower than my old pimped out dell i had.

my goal is to pin mod this celery 1.4 dothan too 1.83 ghz im not sure if this cpu will do it as ive not seen it done before.
add 2 gig of ram,its 2700 now can i use pc400/3200 2.5L instead of the pc333/2700 2.5L?
and swap out the 4200 rpm HD for a 7200 HD

anyone see any issues?
here are screen caps from cpuz just to verify what im saying as it is very possible ive made a mistake since i havent done this in a while.

also any chance the 915 chipset i have will run a core duo?
specifically this cpu: http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-T2250-Pen...ryZ99251QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
anyone done this?

cpuz1.jpg
cpuz2.jpg
cpuz3.jpg
cpuz4.jpg

Last edited:
is this to easy of questions?
i know how to do the pin mod and know about the sticky,as you see in my sig ive done it before with volt-mod.but i currently no longer have that system.
im not sure if i can use faster ram even tho i think so as teh deviders should be able to recognise it.
and the hdd is a no brainer.

now the yonah is a long shot,but i figured id ask anyhow.

Back