• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can I use instead of an antistatic bag?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benscoobert

I am giving my friend a CPU and gfx card, he needs to travel all day tomorrow and I threw out all my bags.

What else can I use? Tin foil? Paper?

where is he traveling? By car, plane, hovertrain, spacecraft? as long as it's by car or something, probably just some paper might be best. Other opinions?

Also, don't use plastic cling wrap. Duh.

By train, it has to be in his bag all day tomorrow

Just use a tea towel or a pair of jeans or something lol. I don't think you really have to worry what it is in as long as you aren't rubbing it back and forth on carpet or something. Find a box and stick styrofoam in it. So many things you can use.

Just use a tea towel or a pair of jeans or something lol. I don't think you really have to worry what it is in as long as you aren't rubbing it back and forth on carpet or something. Find a box and stick styrofoam in it. So many things you can use.

Are you serious? Do you know what static is?
You suggested the 2 most static things in the world, plastic bags and styro..............

get a small cardboard box the size you would wrap a watch box in for a present would be good.
put some cottonballs in the bottom of the box, a nice amount, wrap the cpu in paper and put it in the box, put some more cottonballs till box is full. put on the top tape it on. and your good .
i used this method for a 2 day trip cross country and it worked great.

same method can be applied to gcard just use wadded newspaper instead of cottonballs

You suggested the 2 most static things in the world, plastic bags and styro..............

I think he's off today or he has it out for you... :sn:

For a bare CPU I put mine in a glasses case...
GPU is kind of big, so I'm not too sure what to do for that.

Yea, and I've used both to carry things in. Not once has it destroyed whatever I put into it. Whether that be luck or not, that's my personal experience.

And please explain to me this new concept of static, as apparently I don't know what it is.

lol. i knew you'd bite at that, all Americans do.......... In a bag all day I think they would be rubbing, anyways its sorted now, used a watch box

Back