Benching Profile Heatware Profile

Online or free database

Just a quick question

I am ebaying some stuff for my aunt, and one of the things I am listing is a collection of 45's.

I was wondering if there is sometype of free database program or online thing, that I can enter all of the info too and then save it to my website or something so that I can insert a table into my ebay auction that lets people sort the albums by artist or label or song etc.

Thanks

Author Profile
    lol I thought you were talking about guns at first. hehe
    Could you make a page in HTML (or a few (links...)) and then use the inline frame code to put it in ebay?

Yah thats what I am talking about....

What program can I use to make the database that I can create a HTML code for on my server..

I just found google docs.. and see if that will help

Author Profile
    now i am confused... you go on to say album and artist... so 45 records and guns? lol... I wish I could help the database problem. *free bump*

I have about 40 albums (45rpm vinyl records) that I want to create a list for...

I would like the list to be organized by either artist, or record label, since I know nothing about selling albums.

This way a collector can say "im looking for his artist" or perhaps "I am trying to fill out my 1950 rca victor collection... many of hte albums I have are actually "sets" so this would be easier to list properly doing it that (some artists span a couple of labels... so just grouping them by label and sub grouped by artist is not a viable option)

Perhaps im just over thinking this. lol

You may be able to use MySQL (free - open source) or HSQL (free -open source). It would take some application programming to get any database to an HTML page. HTML can't talk to a database. You could make a small web app to imbed in your HTML page but I have a feeling EBay would block it.
    ][mmortal ]-[ero
    Heatware

10 Year Badge
    Or SQL Server 2005 Express. You could also use a flat file (cvs or xml) or just save an Excel page as html.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Or SQL Server 2005 Express. You could also use a flat file (cvs or xml) or just save an Excel page as html.
    Oooo Ebola you have mainframe expirence? Only time I have heard a csv or xml file being called flat was by mainframers! That is a pretty good idea too since the data is static.
    ][mmortal ]-[ero
    Heatware

Great thanks.. I have office at home.. so will just play around with excel/access and see what I can come up with...