• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell e1405 Memory upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reese1222

Registered
So my buddy bought some memory for his Dell laptop and i installed it for him, (what a pain), but it only recognizes the same amount that he had before. We went from 2 x 512Mb to 2 x 1Gb and it only recognizes one stick. I tried reinstalling the bios to get it to recognize the extra memory, but no go. This is compatible memory, but it wont recognize it and I bought it from NewEgg.

Any ideas to our problem?

Maybe one of the sticks was DoA? Find another laptop to test it in and if that's the problem RMA it.

its not doa, because the laptop says that it recognizes more than 1gb, but it is limited to 1gb by the laptops settings. is there a way around that limit because i have read that the laptop can handle 2gb max.

i checked dells page and updates to the Rev. 11 already. I was hoping there was an tweaked bios available or at least a solution to making it recognize.

searched the internet and other e1405s are running with 2gb, so thre should be no problem with thta one, nless the memory is dead.

Which would mean there is something wrong with this memory. Have you tried reseating it or swapping the sticks into the opposite slots?

Back