Senior Member DocClock aka MadClocker's Avatar

Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX good enough?

I want to get rid of my stock cooler for an aftermarket unit, and was looking and seen this one and it looks good, but I like to research b4 buying.
    linky http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835200035
    Sooo whatd'ya think?
    Doc
    Folding User Stats

Registered
    If you want something cheap, take the Artic Cooling Freezer 7, probably better than that. The best air heatsink is the TRUE120 currently, if that may be what you're looking for.

I guess it would be ok for it's price, but it's not going to give an U-120X, Ultima90, or TT-120 a run for the money. Also, I just hate that pushpin mounting crap like it uses too. It always feels like it's going to warp my mobo, using that type mounting system. I much prefer a mount that uses a back plate myself.

I don't know, that one looks similar to a freezer pro(which is better in silence but should perform the same and cost the same)

don't like pushpins either, the last one is always a pain to get in and I always have a feeling that it's gonna pop off, like mud I prefer a backplate myself

CPU:
    Intel i5-2500k 4.7ghz 1.34V - M0b0:Asrock P67 Pro3 Rev. B3 - Ram:Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 7-8-7-21 1.63V - Cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Videocard:Sparkle GTX 260 216 core 55nm -
    14459 marks in 3Dmark06
    Reboot: "Don't argue with idiots. They bring you to their level and beat you with experience."
    rdrash:"I think Todd changes hardware more frequently then he changes his underpants."
    Join the benching team and be part of the elite

Senior Member DocClock aka MadClocker's Avatar
    Yea, that's all I need, just want a little better than stock...I don't plan on taking this q6600 to 4g...I figure if I can get up to around 3.4-3.6 I'll be happy.... at 2:3 ratio, my mem should be maxed out @3.4-3.6g with tight timings.
    Thanks for all the replies,
    Doc
    Folding User Stats